The Fairytale Brownies Marketing Team Leader oversees a 5-person team that manages all marketing and advertising efforts with a budget of approximately $2.5 million. Digital responsibilities include email marketing, website design, and pay-per-click advertising for social and search. Content responsibilities include search engine optimization and copy for the website and all print materials. Print responsibilities include the production and circulation of approximately 1.4 million mail-order catalogs, space ads, development of new product packaging, and collateral materials such as package inserts, trade show materials, business systems, and retail displays. Merchandising responsibilities include new packaging development, product forecasting, and inventory monitoring. A significant aspect of the job includes project management and data analysis to ensure the most productive use of our marketing resources.
Strategy & Analysis
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns that generate the majority of company revenue through digital and print efforts.
- Prepare and analyze a wide-ranging variety of reports including digital and print campaign results, merchandise sales reports, and website traffic analysis.
- Responsible for planning and oversight of the Marketing budget.
- Serve as main contact with outside vendors and consultants. Negotiate contracts as necessary.
- Oversee the digital marketing strategy.
- Manage two outside consultants that handle Google, Microsoft and Facebook PPC advertising.
- Oversee the email marketing program including content, frequency, segmentation, A/B testing and analysis. Manage relationship with outside Email Service Provider.
- Oversee website front-end for user experience and usability, including ongoing A/B testing. Maintain roadmap for ongoing website improvements.
- Oversee website search engine optimization efforts.
- Manage all catalog production schedules and calendars.
- Manage photo shoots for fall/holiday and spring/summer season catalogs.
- Oversee outside consultant that handles catalog circulation strategy.
- Monitor and approve list rental requests, prepare inkjet messages for catalog mailings, manage catalog source codes, and coordinate specialized gift list reorder mailings.
- Oversee production of all space ads as well as collateral print materials for order fulfillment.
- Negotiate pricing and manage relationships with all print vendors.
- Oversee the company’s merchandising strategy including new packaging development, product and price assortment, and management of discontinued and obsolete products.
- Forecast sales & production for fall/holiday season.
- Monitor peak-season inventory and implement promotions as necessary.
- Manage the company’s Amazon.com storefront.
Branding & Content
- Act as the company’s “brand champion” to ensure consistent voice and brand standards across all channels.
- Coordinate writing and editing copy for all marketing materials.
- Assist the Customer Service and Corporate Sales Teams by providing written content that adheres to brand standards.
- The following team members report to the Marketing Team Leader - Web Designer, Content Specialist, Graphic Designer, and Email Designer.
- Supervise and mentor team members and provide regular feedback.
- Prioritize projects to maintain schedules and meet established deadlines.
- Provide disciplinary action and counseling as needed.
- Conduct performance reviews & evaluations of team members.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe work environment at all times.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a marketing team.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with ability to manipulate, import, and analyze data.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Google Analytics
- Proficient with Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, Facebook Ads Manager, and an email marketing platform, preferably Bronto.
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency with Google Optimize, Google Tag Manager, and Adobe Creative Suite applications, preferably Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects based on established deadlines.
- Very detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to change and adapt as the situation demands.
- Flexible to work additional hours as needed.
- Perform all of the above duties to the best of one's ability and with the utmost integrity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement