Join us as we expand our virtual learning schooling options in Texas, building upon the success of our more than 70 brick and mortar campuses across the state of Texas. Our school provides hope for students by providing an innovative, personalized environment where students are academically successful and develop into lifelong learners. Our leadership team, our faculty and our staff are high-performing, motivated individuals who are driven to provide exceptional programs for students in the state of Texas.
The Systems Coordinator manages our Student Information System (SIS), Learning Management System (LMS), and special programs software. The Systems Coordinator maintains the overall health of our systems, regularly pulls systems data reports for administrators, assists teachers by resolving systems issues, and acts as liaison as issues escalate. The System Coordinator will also offer continual training for teachers on the SIS and LMS at scheduled professional development sessions, as new hires are onboarded, and throughout the school year as needed. This person has the ability to take complex technical language and programs and train teachers and staff on the use of these systems.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT OUR CORPORATE OFFICES IN LEWISVILLE, TEXAS
Education, Certification, and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Prior experience managing a Learning Management Systems (LMS) that meets the educational market’s industry standards
- Prior experience and/or a working knowledge of the iNACOL standards ( Preferred )
- Prior experience and/or a working knowledge of the Texas Education Agency’s Virtual School Network standards ( Preferred )
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft ( Preferred )
- Four to six years of experience in system administration ( Preferred )
- Prior experience working or training adults ( Preferred )
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits passion and excitement about work
- Ability to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Possesses a solid foundation in software operations and business workflow in general
- Demonstrates persistence and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Demonstrate the ability to be detail oriented
- Organizes and manages time wisely
- Proficient computer skills and comfort with technology are necessary as the virtual campus requires the integration of seamlessly transitioning from multiple platforms and programs
- Exudes confidence with complex problem solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as this role interprets, discusses, and trains staff members on systems which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people
- Serve as the departmental systems coordinator/administrator for LMS, teaching and SIS platforms
- Interface with ResponsiveEd Product Development team for curriculum delivery activities and issues
- Manage and oversee all curriculum content delivery, uploads, updates, related activities, etc., as needed
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Investigate and troubleshoot systems issues
- Coordinate and communicate systems updates
- Oversees development of templates and bulk uploads for systems
- Create and deliver in-person and online training for virtual learning systems
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Serve as the primary interface with the IT/IS for platform and SIS systems activities
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- General Office Equipment that includes a computer, copy machine, scanner, etc.
- Various applications that include, but are not limited to: GMail, GMail Suite Applications including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, AppliDesk, eSped, Agilix, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom Web Conferencing, USA Test Prep, etc.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Occasional district and statewide travel: occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.