Foundation Executive Director Job Responsibilities
- Oversees all activities of the SBAMH Foundation and is the direct report of the Marketing Manager and activities within the Marketing Department.
- Has direct oversight of all media communications.
- Works to protect and promote the Hospital's public image, in the most positive manner.
- Works directly with Hospital Foundation Board, Board of Trustees, and Administration to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward contributors to the Foundation.
- Takes the lead on developing policies and procedures aimed at maintaining and growing an on-going development and fund-raising program in support of the Hospital.
- In coordination with Administration, establishes goals and priorities for the development program, based on the Hospital’s short and long-range plans.
- Takes the lead on planning and implementing comprehensive fund-raising programs* for the Hospital. (*programs for outright and deferred gifts defined as annual gifts, major gifts, and planned gifts.)
- Enlists, trains, provides assistance to and increases the effectiveness of participants engaged in development activities for the Hospital.
- Maintains database to effectively pursue identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Provides development management reports, to monitor and track the work of the development office to Hospital Foundation Board, Board of Trustees, and Administration.
- Assists in fostering a culture of philanthropy throughout the Hospital organization and the community.
- Prepares and/or assists with writing grant proposals.
- Serves as an ambassador of good will between the Hospital and donors, as well as the community at large.
- Maintains accountability to donors and funding sources.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws and maintains a high level of awareness of regulatory, legislative, financial and social developments, which impact Foundation efforts.
- Conveys a professional and positive image and attitudes regarding the Hospital.
- Ensures sound fiscal operations of development activities, including generating income and expense budgets.
- Maintains a good working and effective relationship with the Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital Foundation, the charitable arm of the Hospital.
- Participates with the Hospital Board of Trustees and Administration in strategic planning.
- Identifies and maintains appropriate recognition of donors.
Foundation Executive DirectorKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fund-raising and development principles, methods, and techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a wide variety of software programs and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software.
- Excellent oral and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and public relations skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Capable of motivating individuals and groups.
Foundation Executive Director Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Foundation Executive Director Experience
- Two (2) or more years of development experience and demonstrated success in a full suite of fundraising required.
- Prior experience managing and working closely with a board required.
- CFRE designation is an asset.
Foundation Executive Director Benefits
Hospital Paid Life Insurance
401(k) – up to a 4% match
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
Job Type: Full-time
- Time Management: 2 years (Required)
- Public Relations: 2 years (Required)
- Fundraising: 2 years (Required)