Independent Bank provides a wide range of commercial and consumer banking solutions powered by people who value lasting relationships and commitment to community. We are founded on the belief that we have a deep responsibility to solve problems and build healthy communities. Our unique brand of banking is delivered by dedicated employees, who share an honest desire to make a lasting and positive impact. Come join us!
Under limited supervision, the Senior Lending Assistant provides administrative and operational support to one or more Loan Officers in commercial and residential lending. The position works with the Loan Officer and is responsible for the proper processing of complex loan transactions and documents for loans in the portfolio, the maintenance of loan files and records, and the preparation of various reports. In addition, the position communicates directly with appraisers, attorneys, and title companies to coordinate loan documentation, and with loan customers both in person and over the phone. Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Coordinates loan documentation with various parties including title companies, attorneys and appraisers and/or loan document processors.
- Prepares and reviews loan documents which include processing, administration and closing. Resolves problems related to content of documentation.
- Conducts loan closings and disbursement of funds.
- Prepares and maintains construction loan records including construction draws, floor plans, and letters of credit.
- Prepares and funds construction loan advances.
- Issues advances on line of credit loans.
- Files and releases financing statements and real estate mortgages.
- Assists loan officers with past due reports/notices and with extension and/or modification of mature loans.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding payment amounts on accounts/loans and other credit information, and resolves associated problems.
- Assists customers with financial statements.
- Computes interest and payments that may be complex.
- Provides credit reference requests from other companies and/or other institutions.
- Adheres to operational controls to ensure safety and security of customers and banks assets including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures.
- Performs administrative functions for the department including typing memos, letters, answering and directing calls, report distribution, and file management.
- The position of Senior Lending Assistant performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned. May assist with new account functions that are complex in nature
- May assist Manager in managing smaller credits in the loan portfolio.
- The position of Senior Lending Assistant is not responsible for the supervision of any employees.
A STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate’s degree, preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar working environment and/or loan documentation background required.
- Experience supporting commercial and real estate lending, preferred.
- previous experience in personal banking or new accounts, preferred.
- Knowledge of construction lending, preferred.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, and ability to create complex charts and graphs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Intermediate mathematical aptitude and ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Locates routine mathematical errors; computes rate, ratio and percent, and creates charts and graphs.
- Detail oriented and able to meet rigorous deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate a general level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Our unique brand of banking extends from the Gulf Coast of Texas to the Rocky Mountains. We are an $8 billion dollar community-centric institution providing a wide range of relationship-driven commercial banking products and services tailored to meet the needs of businesses, professional organizations, community groups and entrepreneurs. We also offer a full line of personal financial products and services to make banking easy for busy families and individuals.
OUR CORE VALUES
Principled financial decisions ~ Building strong, healthy communities ~ Leading with a courageous heart ~ Resilient Solutions ~ Thriving relationships
The Bank provides capital and guidance to foster growth, bring new ideas to life, and energize local businesses. We accomplish these goals by funding projects such as medical facilities, warehouse space, and hospitality and education venues. By developing strong relationships and a deep understanding of your industry, our team offers a proactive approach to business banking.
We continue to be named Best Bank within many of the communities we serve. Recently, Independent Bank was named a Community Bankers Cup winner for the fifth consecutive year; a Top 75 Producing Lender Nationwide; a Top 50 Performer by the Dallas Business Journal; and one of the Healthiest Employers in both North Texas and Central Texas.
The Bank builds community on two fronts: by helping create economic development and by partnering within the community. It all begins by empowering our employees. We encourage our people to follow their passion and volunteer. And we back that up through formal giving programs.
To make an impact on the communities we serve through high-performance, purpose-driven banking.
To be considered for this position, you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
No phone calls or direct e-mails please.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted.