- Leadership Experience
The Director, Education Programs will oversee our network of over 400 schools and the program managers responsible for implementation support.
The ideal candidate will have leadership experience for an instructional model that realized high levels of student achievement across a network of schools. The Director will lead a team responsible for regional support and effectively collaborate with district and school-level administrators, teachers, school-based staff, parents, and community stakeholders. Lastly, the ideal candidate will have experience working in a dynamic, growing organization during a transformational phase.
Travel up to 40% may be required.
Strategic and Instructional Leadership
- Shape the vision, strategy and execution of Participate Schools
- Articulate and operationalize a clear vision and align resources to achieve goals
- Lead principals, each school’s leadership team, and teachers to collectively and individually monitor the schools progress in achieving their programmatic goals
- Visit clients and prospects, attend conferences, and make presentations to build relationships, promote the company and build clientele.
Program Development and Oversight
- Ensure organizational accountability and alignment of global school goals with company goals.
- Work with Participate Leadership Team to direct program development, including market analysis, scope, metrics, organization, resourcing, plan development and risk management.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of program services and components and implement adjustments for program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and protocols.
- Uphold standards and best practices to mitigate risk on programs.
- Proactively communicate to program stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends, issues, strategies and key players in the dual language and global education arena.
- Provide leadership, staff supervision, and mentorship to ensure the organization is a leader in the field of global education.
Financial and Resource Management
- Develop and manage budget, ensuring the effective cost analysis, allocation, management and reporting of program resources
- Work to ensure long-term financial health and viability of programs through objective and realistic program assessment, demonstration models/initiatives, capacity-building and program innovation and expansion.
Key Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Education or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 7+ years managing professional staff in educational administration, or program management.
- Strong pedagogical skills that can be leveraged to consistently evaluate - and improve - our school models, programs, and services with a laser-focus on improving student outcomes
- Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiation skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, the school network, and external stakeholders
- Experience in a client facing leadership role
- Proven ability and desire to solve problems and look for opportunities for improvement
- Knowledge of the K–12 education market
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan and collaborate with a wide variety of constituents
- Ability to gather and synthesize data and research to develop innovative, effective, relevant and sustainable programs
- Ability to influence and positively lead change and transition
- Available to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Demonstrated passion for cultural awareness and international education
Job Type: Full-time