Lathrop Gage, LLP, one of the nations leading law firms, has an immediate opening in its Boston, MO office for an IP Docketing Specialist.
The successful candidate will:
- Accurately docket USPTO and foreign patent and/or trademark mail in docketing system according to established procedures.
- Generate and monitor daily docket of deadlines and ensure that deadlines are met and system is properly updated.
- Review incoming and outgoing emails/faxes/mail and update docketing systems as necessary.
- Provide assistance with overflow docketing and/or coverage as assigned by the IP Docketing Manager.
- Respond to requests from attorneys, technology specialists, paralegals and other IP staff.
- Assist with various docketing projects as assigned by the IP Docketing Manager.
- Generate reports and dockets.
- Train other docketing personnel as needed and act as a mentor to less experienced docketing personnel.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent current work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of current IP docketing experience in patent and trademark prosecution, patent post grant enforcement, trademark opposition and cancellation enforcement, domain name enforcement and copyright law.
- Strong, consistent organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and contribute to the team’s overall success.
- Intermediate to expert level computer skills including proficiency with docketing software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, in order, to communicate and work with a diverse group of attorneys and staff via telephone, e-mail, and in person.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and organization in all aspects of the position.
- Work occasionally requires more than normally scheduled work hours to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to travel to other office or client locations as needed.
Lathrop Gage LLP, with 10 offices nationwide, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional work environment. Lathrop Gage does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop Gage without prior approval from the HR Manager or Office Administrator will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop & Gage. EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE