Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
The Summit offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Cincinnati experience for passionate travelers.
The Summit, A Dolce Hotel is searching for a Breakfast *Cook . This position is responsible for opening the kitchen at 4:45am and starting breakfast, and forworking with the Sous Chef to ensure daily objectives are met.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Set up any a la carte stations required for breakfast, lunch, or dinner period.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the Chef.
- Clean and organize workstation; maintain a clean and sanitary culinary environment in compliance with all local and federal health codes.
- Perform banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef.
- Ensure assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Must have 1-3 years previous culinary experience.
- Experience in a high volume production kitchen preferred.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Culinary degree a plus.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain most commercial kitchen equipment required.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife skills; attention to detail.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Culinary: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)