SAIC is seeking a SATCOM Systems Engineer to support integration and test of test equipment, site install and field test support. Knowledge of RF design and modem/transceiver performance criteria measurement and improvement approaches, software-defined radio (SDR) design and performance measurement and improvement approaches, SATCOM system performance measurement and analysis techniques.
The Engineer will analyze system performance measurements and participate in system-of-system level troubleshooting, working with disparate system engineering teams to identify, analyze, resolve technical issues and verify modifications with enhancements. Verification of system requirements and enhancements, coordinating test events with disparate engineering teams to support partial path as well as end-to-end performance evaluation.
The Engineer must have expertise in one or more of the following technologies: software defined radios, digital signal processing, radio frequency (RF) hardware design, satellite communications architectures, antenna design, waveform design, and wireless communications. The System Engineer will be responsible for technical support to the Government program manager responsible for executing multiple simultaneous projects involving one or more of these technologies. Technical support includes participating in design reviews and technical exchange meetings, drafting statements of work, preparing presentations, reviewing technical reports and providing written feedback. Support also includes occasional participation in overseeing field-testing activities.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with polygraph
- 9 + years of experience with design, integration and test of RF systems and signal processing infrastructures
- Knowledge of radios and communication systems for overhead operations
- Coordinate test events, test plan reviews, document test plans and results, present test plans, results and findings to program management and technical exchange meetings
- Understanding of project development cycle and system engineering principles
- Proactive, self-initiator with experience working with cross-functional IC government/contractor team of varying disciplines
- Experience organizing, directing, and managing technical support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
- Ability to communicate technical ideas, critiques, and concerns clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent technical writing and data presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Travel: CONUS and OCONUS travel up to 10% of time
- Experience developing portfolio/project strategic plans
- Visual Basic, Linux and Python scripting, and embedded software engineering skills are a plus
- Experience in a SETA role
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability