Lifehouse is looking for Supported Living Counselors to join us in our mission to change lives for people with developmental disabilities! At Lifehouse we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live as independently as possible and to participate fully in our community.
As a Supported Living Counseloryou will teach valuable skills to people with developmental disabilities living in their own home.
Lifehouse is growing and we currently have several open positions in Sonoma and Marin Counties. Day shifts, afternoon, overnight, and weekend shifts available.
What you will be doing:
- Help the people we support reach their goals in various areas.
- Teach independent living skills, such as cooking healthy meals, household tasks, grocery and necessity shopping, money management and public transportation.
- Ensure the highest level of independence for the people you support by assisting in day to day tasks.
- Support community integration and development of social skills through recreational activities.
- Monitor medication and accompany the people you support to medical appointments. Assist with hygiene if needed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and third party agencies.
- Participate in team meetings and training as well as agency wide training opportunities.
Why you should apply:
- You will make a difference.
- You will be part of a great team working towards integration and changing the perception of people with developmental disabilities in the community.
- You will be part of one of the first agencies in Northern CA implementing a Person Centered Thinking approach to the services we provide.
- You will join a successful nonprofit committed to respect and trust.
- Competitive pay, starting at $15.00/hr for day and $14.70/hr for nights.
- Outstanding benefits, including medial, employer funded HRA, dental, vision, Life, LTD, EAP, FSA, retirement plan with employer match, pet insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay, . . .
What you will bring:
- Friendly, helpful attitude, willing to go the extra mile.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities -- or other experience if you find that it would be helpful for this position.
- CA driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass LiveScan fingerprint clearance.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- A positive outlook and the urge to make a difference.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.70 to $15.00 /hour
- Driver's License (Required)