Do you love the rush of securing national media coverage for clients? Do you want to work with some of the hottest technology companies? Are you interested in growing your media relations career with an incredible firm disrupting the PR industry? If you answered “Yes” to all three questions, we want to meet you!
We are a dynamic, thriving tech PR firm looking for a full-time Account Executive to join our talented Chicago team. The Account Executive will be an integral member of the account team, providing media relations and client support on some of the agency’s largest accounts.
In addition to fitting in with our culture of successful, tenacious, nice, dedicated, hardworking team players, the ideal candidate should have a minimum of two years in public relations, advertising, marketing, or a related field and basic supervisory experience. with proven success securing online, print and broadcast media coverage for clients.
- Respond promptly to daily inquiries from media, acting as an accessible and credible representative of IDPR and the clients
- Secure high-profile coverage for clients
- Display thorough knowledge of media pitching and developing press materials
- Actively participate in creative brainstorming sessions and offers original ideas
- Assist in monitoring company, business, and industry trends and communicate effectively up the line keeping managers abreast of issues and opportunities
- Contribute to client strategy planning with creative ideas
- Effectively manage and delegate to AAE’s and interns
- Lead various aspects of meetings with team leader
- Plan and implement successful media or special events with supervision
- Assist account leadonclient management of at least 1-2 accounts
- Will contribute to 5-8 accounts on average
- Will have solid media contacts in-market, and strong pitching skills.
- Writing, editingandattention to detail are all mandatory
- Qualified candidates must be prepared to create and execute strategic public relations plans for the clients, and provide clear direction and guidance. Knowledge of social media platforms is a must.
- A degree in communications, journalism, public relations, advertising or a related field or equivalent experience in an advertising environment are required
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years in public relations, advertising, marketing, or a related field and basic supervisory experience.
- Will have demonstrated leadership ability with strong verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Self-starter and team player with a positive attitude who wants to win for their clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field.
Job Type: Full-time