The RiteScreen Company in Merrill, WI is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services. Leads the work of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work.
Qualifications & Experience
All full-time associates interested in this opportunity are encouraged to apply. Basic skills include but are not limited to:
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work with others collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience leading teams or projects strongly desired
- Manufacturing experience in the Window manufacturing arena – desirable.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or control standards.
- Ability to read and write.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to lead and train staff
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Proficiency in MS applications, especially Excel.
- 2 years of sit-down lift truck operation experience required, current certification preferred.
Position requires: a) Leading, guiding, and training of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work; b) verifying accuracy of shipments and ensuring items are sent in the most cost-effective manner; and c) tracing lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Commensurate with experience.
It is the policy of The RiteScreen Company Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Forklift Operator: 2 years (Required)
- Shipping and Receiving: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)