Provide engineering and technical support for process control systems in the Biopharmaceutical Operations facility. Evaluate and develop technology, plan and implement modifications and upgrades to control systems, and provide technical support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Who You Are
- Direct, plan, schedule and report all activities as it relates to maintenance repairs. This includes all demand, preventive, predictive and calibration activities.
- Participate in the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems.
- Collaborate with building stakeholders throughout the automation lifecycle: compile control system change requirements; complete design, implementation, and testing of changes; document changes; maintain and monitor the system.
- Prepare documentation and perform instrumentation and control system validation.
- Provide training to the users of instrumentation and control systems.
- Support project needs by filling various roles, as required, including project team member, support & augmentation, process controls consultation, and technical lead.
- Interface with users, peers, and management to ensure appropriate input and integration of local and corporate standards.
- Perform all work in a manner consistent with MilliporeSigma policies, procedures, and standards
- Education: Preferred Associates in Automation/Controls
- Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years Control system experience
Must have all of the following behavioral skills/abilities:
Ability to use the Management of Change Process effectively.
Ability to use good documentation practices.
Ability to direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
Ability to communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to use excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Ability to generate and lead process improvements.
Ability to use excellent organizational and 5S skills.
Ability to use excellent leadership skills.
Ability to use self-motivation and high productivity skills.
Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines
Communicate accomplished work by establishing priorities.
Communicate with contractor’s needs and expectations.
Lead investigation of automation related deviations.
Establish/Manage Process/ Facility systems metrics to track operation.
Stay current on Technological changes. Must be able to:
Attend technical seminars, trade shows, etc.
Review literature in your field.
Improve personal certification in field of responsibility.
Improve personal compitentency in another discipline(s).
Stay current on Environmental, Compliance, and Safety issues. Must be able to:
Attend safety meetings and seminars and assure employees do also.
Complete environmental training sessions.
Complete process safety management training.
Maintain exemplary housekeeping in areas of responsibility.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after hours duty. Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts.
Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders, use a cellular phone, use feet to operate equipment, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield. Must have valid drivers license and requires operation of company vehicles. Must be able to work at varying heights.