Big Blue Marble Academy is searching for a compassionate, self-motivated, detail-oriented candidate for our Regional Education Specialist position. This position supports the VP of Curriculum in a variety of duties with the goal of increasing the overall quality of care and staff retention in Big Blue Marble Academy’s centers by providing staff and administration with support, training, coaching and technical assistance. Our ideal candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills, be a team player, problem solver and dedicated to supporting our mission and branding of providing a global education for children of all ages.
Why you will enjoy working here:
- Competitive wages
- Flexible Scheduling
- Discounted childcare, 50% off
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Access your wages in real time
- Voluntary life and disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Industry leading paid time off
- Generous referral bonus program
- CDA Scholarship
- Career advancement opportunities
- Family feel environment
As a Regional Education Specialist, you will:
- Share information with teachers and coach them on appropriate interactions and quality practices related to our developmentally appropriate curriculum, safe and healthy environments for children and nurturing and responsive interactions with children.
- Conduct classroom observations to develop trainings and improvement plans to enhance the quality classroom learning environment
- Observe classrooms, identify, and recommend selected materials and improve room arrangement, to enhance the quality classroom learning environment
- Model appropriate and effective classroom best practices.
- Train and coach teachers and directors to implement all components of BBMA’s curriculum fully and correctly
- Timely follow-up to ensure clear understanding and proper implementation of trainings/improvement plans
- Train and coach teachers and directors who need assistance with the quality in their classrooms and schools as related to licensing, quality rating improvement systems and accreditation as applicable.
- Uphold the Mission Statement and Philosophy of Big Blue Marble Academy.
- Associates degree or higher in Early Childhood Education with three years of Lead Teacher classroom Experience
- CDA may be considered with at least five years of Lead Teacher experience in a licensed child care center
- Demonstrate knowledge of Conscious Discipline and Environmental Rating Scales, (Infant/Toddler and Early Childhood)
- General understanding of early childhood education theory and research
- A thorough understanding of BBMA curriculum, language program and Heart Projects
- Must be able to travel at least 65% of the time with some overnight stays
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Can work with diverse populations and independently
Join a team that takes pride in teamwork, giving back and welcoming an inclusive environment. A career with Big Blue Marble Academy will empower you to reach your career goals while making a difference in the lives of the children we serve.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of our background check, pre-hire screenings, and onboarding processes. All employment is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.
BBMA is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact BBMA recruitment at [email protected]