JumpstartMD is a medical practice dedicated to improving health and well-being through lifestyle changes leading to sustainable, clinically significant weight loss. Informed by cutting edge research, quantified biometrics and medical supervision, JumpstartMD tailors weight loss plans to help members through a low-carbohydrate, real food based, personalized approach to optimize health and wellness. Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy also available to achieve similar ends.
Founded in 2007 by Stanford trained physicians and board-certified Diplomates of the American Board of Obesity Medicine, JumpstartMD has 12 offices in the Bay Area including: Marin, Piedmont, Walnut Creek, San Francisco, Redwood City, Burlingame and more, with plans for additional center openings soon.
Our professional staff includes experts in medicine, nutrition, psychology and physical fitness who meet individually with members each week. All are passionate about empowering our members with knowledge, personal support, and proven science to achieve optimized health.
The Clinician Manager will lead and manage a close-knit team of healthcare professionals, providing clinical oversight, guidance, structure and support to ensure efficiency in workflow and outstanding patient care & satisfaction. In addition to managerial duties, the Clinician Manager will provide direct patient care through JumpstartMD’s weight loss & management services and bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) program. The Clinician Manager will be responsible for achieving clinic goals (service delivery, patient satisfaction, and quality improvement), people development (training, recognition, satisfaction, hiring and retention), and fiscal management (cost management and revenue), and be an active participant in all operational and strategic planning.
The ideal candidate will have a background in weight loss, nutrition, women’s health, endocrinology, bio-identical hormone replacement treatment, or a strong desire to learn.
POSITION TITLE: *Clinician Manager (Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant)
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Operations
LOCATION: Redwood City, CA
SCHEDULE: Tuesday - Saturday, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
\*\*This role is eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus\*\*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct weekly 1:1 consultations and coaching sessions with members participating in JumpstartMD’s weight loss program. Utilize motivational interviewing skills, empathy, compassion and active listening skills to establish strong rapport with members.
- Evaluate and assess members’ health needs and effectively communicate, guide, educate and support members on their health and wellness journey. Collaborate with members and establish health goals, and educate members about the scientific theory behind the program plan to enhance the effective of such conversations.
- Provide bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) services to members in accordance with JumpstartMD’s protocols and procedures.
- Provide routine care and management of all members as outlined in JumpstartMD’s standardized procedures. Perform physical examinations and screenings of members. Diagnose health issues and detect changes in members’ conditions. Effectively communicate and educate members about specific wellness concerns.
- Regularly provide member follow-ups in a timely manner. Document all visits, track progress and results, and make modifications as needed. Ensure all member records are up to date (test results, immunizations, condition changes, etc.).
- Administer medications.
- Operate medical equipment.
- Hire, coach and develop staff, including professional development planning and growth opportunities. Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate tasks, ensure accountability and provide regular feedback.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards and disciplinary action.
- Manage employees’ regular work schedule (overtime, time off requests), timesheets and daily attendance.
- Foster a work environment that emphasizes JumpstartMD’s mission, vision and guide principles, allowing for disagreement over ideas, expeditious conflict resolution, and appreciation of diversity. Cohesiveness and collaboration.
- Actively participate in weekly team and management meetings.
- Evaluate, plan, and improve SOPs to enhance quality of care, member satisfaction, efficiency and output.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- California licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Master’s degree from an accredited NP or PA program.
- DEA Registration Certificate.
- OIG Clearance and NPI number.
- Must be able to meet and receive a background check to include criminal records clearance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Background in women’s health, OBGYN, or endocrinology particularly helpful
- Mission-driven and particularly passionate about the impact of the life-changing care we provide. The ideal licensed Medical Professional at JSMD has a passion for helping individuals transform their lives through nutrition education, exercise guidance, and lifestyle coaching.
- Strong conviction in the underlying rationale behind our approach. Mastery of the physiology, pharmacology, and psychology underlying the Jumpstart weight loss approach
- Superb interpersonal skills - a “people person,” empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious, and tactful. Ability to quickly build relationships with weight-loss patients of varying backgrounds, personalities, temperaments, and needs
- A strong interest in preventative medicine, modern biomarker laboratory assessment, psychiatry, and endocrinology.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Office platform. Experience with electronic health records, billing and appointment systems.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Experience working in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment. Self-starter, entrepreneurial with hands on approach
- Resourceful individual with flexible approach to problem solving with a strong result orientation and a bias towards action
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor and to represent the company in a positive manner at all times.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to grow and scale the #1 physician-referred weight loss program in Northern California, and work alongside a team of passionate professionals dedicated to improving the overall health and wellbeing of members seeking lifestyle changes.
- Competitive pay and potential bonus earnings.
- Stock options.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision & more!).
- 401(k) plus company match.
- Accrued paid time off (PTO).
- Free JSMD services (Weight Loss and Bio-identical Hormone Therapy), Discounted JSMD Products (e.g. Vitamin Therapy)
- 4 Paid Wellness Days
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75.00 - $80.00 per hour