Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for an Associate Conference Developer in the CRG - Events & Training group. In this position you will have the opportunity to partner with Manager of Conference Development to plan speaker, content and audiovisual support for CFC’s largest annual membership meetings.
As an Associate Conference Developer, you will:
To be successful, you will need:
- Independently evaluate and administer continuing education hours for CFC conferences, training and webinars.
- Effectively communicate event goals, timelines, travel requirements and attendee expectations to key bureau representatives, partners and invited speakers and reviews and negotiates bureau contracts.
- Identify promotional opportunities, develop language, coordinate production timelines and promote conference registration and visibility within the industry.
- Produce and maintain accurate on-site web, mobile app and printed materials.
- Professionally interact and guide members, invited speakers, industry partners and key CFC staff to facilitate smooth event site execution.
- Coordinate and maintain pre-event and on-site AV details.
- Create, compile and interpret survey materials and reports to analyze and implement event improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, events, hospitality or a related field is required.
- At least three years of experience handling various aspects of membership meetings.
- Experience managing content, speaker and audiovisual coordination is desired.
- Online survey and mass e-mail system experience preferred, especially in Survey Monkey and Magnet Mail.
- Registration or membership database system experience preferred, particularly in eTouches/Aventri and Salesforce.
- Experience with mobile conference apps for smart devices is preferred.
- Graphic design and layout experience is preferred.
- Experience in administrating continuing education credits, particularly for CPAs and engineers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.