We are seeking a part-time Accountant/Bookkeeper who is highly experienced with SAGE 100 Contractor software (formerly known as Peachtree, Masterbuilder). Construction accounting experience highly desired.
Our company designs and manufactures unique and interactive exhibits primarily for museums. Located in northwest Chicago close to Petersen Ave. and the 94 expressway, our light-filled open office is a casual environment.
The position is suitable for an independent contractor or part-time employee. Initial training/onboarding will require a full-time effort for the first month and then 24 hours/week. Your schedule can be determined by mutual agreement. Perfect flexibility for working moms.
Position Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable, including purchase orders/project accounting and vendor records
maintenance, vendor payment processing
- Accounts Receivable, including preparation of invoices and recording deposits
- Bank reconciliations
- Bi-weekly payroll (approx. 15 employees)
- Quarterly payroll tax filings
- Maintain records for preparation of annual 1099's
- Reconciling accounts
- and other administrative duties
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Significant SAGE 100 Construction accounting experience
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook is necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently, completing tasks accurately and timely
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
Our compensation is competitive and will be based on experience and skill level.
Please send resume with salary history/requirements in PDF format.
Job Type: Part-time