The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
As an Executive Assistant Supervisor, you will work at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital in Scottsdale, AZ and support the executive leadership team. Daily task will include supervising the executive assistant, gathering data to create reports, assisting with timecard management, take meeting minutes, coordinating appointments and meetings, arrange travel, and managing the schedules of the leadership team. You will work Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Behavioral Health Hospital
For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position typically supports a single system senior management team (SMT) member, Senior Vice President (SVP), medical group Operations VP with regional accountability, Chief Operating Officer (COO) or Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for a business entity by providing administrative services and assistance, of moderate complexity, requiring significant latitude of independent judgment and discretion on a routine basis. Additionally, this position handles a variety of situations involving the administrative function of the office, which often cannot be brought to the attention of the executive. This position may also support other SMT members as needed.
- Frequently handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office, which cannot be brought to the attention of the executive.
- Interprets requests, takes appropriate action, evaluates level of information, and decides when the executive should be notified. In executives absence, directs and ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
- Conserves executives time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications. Independently composes and signs correspondence for executive as needed.
- On own initiative, composes correspondence or responds to individuals, which requires knowledge of executives views, philosophy, and some understanding of technical matters. May serve as the executives representative at meetings and express the executives viewpoints at such meetings.
- Maintains executives appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel plans. On own initiative, arranges for staff members to represent organization at meetings and conferences.
- Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of operational and administrative problems.
- May hire, train, conduct performance reviews, and direct the workflow for the department staff. This includes completing projects by assigning work to clerical staff and following-up on results.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. A strong working knowledge of administrative/specialized business support services as normally demonstrated through four to five years advanced administrative support experience at a progressively responsible level required, including management of projects.
Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously. Must possess independent decision making abilities, as well as, considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations. Must have the ability to analyze non-routine administrative details of moderate complexity, and provide for an acceptable resolution. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a thorough knowledge of organization policies, practices, and operations and oral communication skills to perform routine administrative details, such as arranging meetings, responding to non-routine inquires from telephone callers or visitors, and gathering background information for sensitive or confidential reports. Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as a high level of sophistication to effectively communicate and interact with senior executives, internal and external to the organization. Must possess the ability to convey a professional image, as well as, effectively represent the executive as appropriate in his/her relationship with external customers. Must have an advanced working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the administrative functions described above.
Previous clerical supervision experience preferred.Associate's degree
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.