As a data engineer on our team, you’ll perform data engineering activities on some of the coolest and most cutting-edge projects in the industry, working with Big Data tools. You’ll perform activities, including architecting data systems, standing up data platforms, building out ETL pipelines, writing custom code, interfacing with data stores, performing data ingestion, and building data models. You’ll support the assessing, designing, building, and maintaining of scalable data platforms that use the latest and best in Big Data tools. You’ll perform analytical exploration and examination of data from multiple sources. You’ll work with multi-disciplinary teams of analysts, data engineers, data scientists, developers, and data consumers in an agile, fast-paced environment that is pushing the envelope of bleeding edge Big Data implementations.
You’ll apply first-hand experience with a broad variety of enterprise and open source technologies, infrastructure, and big data platforms built on the Cloud. You’ll be knowledgeable on data ingest pipelines, big data, and Hadoop-based platforms, including Cloudera or Hortonworks, DataBricks, Relational Database Management Systems, data lakes, Extract Load and Transform (ETL) processes, and Cloud-based data collection and reporting architectures. You’ll have experience with microservices-based architecture and DevSecOps processes. You’ll display past performance experience with the evaluation of technology standards, tools, products, and solutions to make rational design decisions from business and technical perspectives and communicate recommendations. You’ll define guidelines and recommendations based on leading industry practices tailored to the clients’ needs and infrastructure. You’ll maintain responsibility for defining the technical strategy of a system and its associated product capabilities, both now and in the future. You’ll work closely to vet technology decisions and impacts with all business stakeholders to ensure value, while minimizing disruption through the execution of successful deployment.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience with developing ETL pipelines and data manipulation scripts, including Apache Spark, Scala, Java, Python, NiFi, or Kafka
- 3+ years of experience with software design, solution, application, or technical architectures
- 3+ years of experience with building, delivering, and managing Cloud-based big data environments
- Experience with Cloud environments, including AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Ability to assess mission needs and identify potential technical solutions and implementation strategies to address needs
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with implementing data ingest pipelines for collection and analysis
- Experience in managing systems integration efforts with Big Data technologies using Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Spark, EMR, or Data Lakes
- Experience with implementing Open Source software, micro-services, and Cloud-native applications
- Knowledge of FedRAMP and ATO
- Ability to develop an architecture strategy and communicate the strategy to gain buy-in from business and technical clients
- Possession of excellent teamwork skills to be used for consensus building and mentoring
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.