Production Manager (Bakery Background)
- 5+ years leadership experience in a fast -paced manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in the bakery area (product development, ingredients)
- Hands-on background and familiarity with ingredients (interactions, processing conditions, equipment and evaluations)
- Continuous Improvement Mindset (Lean Six SIgma/TPM)
- Passion for excellence and driving Culture Change
Coordinate the daily activities of our Vegan and Nut Free cookie manufacturing within established guidelines and standards to produce the highest quality, lowest cost product in the safest and most efficient manner.
Facilitate the production teams and conduct or coordinate the necessary training for both the individual team members and the team as a group. Implement and enforce established policy and strategy.
Continuous improvement is a key aspect of this role.
- Manage the efforts of the teams to produce quality products in a safe and sanitary manner within the product/packaging specifications.
- Recommend and implement changes in methods and systems to assure that the objectives of daily production are met.
- Manage team member relations issues and direct the hiring, training, retraining, development, and motivation of team members.
- Measure daily performance results against standards, report results, and take corrective action as necessary to maintain company standards.
- Participate with the implementation of improvement strategies that will help the line perform more effectively in the near term.
- Evaluate team members performance and develop plans for challenging their full potential.
- Ensure that open communications are established and that opportunities to broaden the scope and opportunities of team members is undertaken.
Job Type: Full-time