Full-timeEstimated: $50,000 - $70,000 a year
- Registered Vascular Technologist
- BLS Certification
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Full Job Description
1. Operates a variety of equipment to produce diagnostic quality medical images.
2. Interacts with patient and patient’s family appropriately to obtain cooperation for positioning, personal medical histories and consent for procedures to be performed. Technologist has demonstrated age specific competence for all age groups.
3. Working knowledge of and assists with office procedures and scheduling protocols. Assists with stocking of supplies, burning CDs, and other shift duties.
4. Utilizes safe practices for lifting, transporting, infection control, and radiation exposure.
5. Acts as a resource for the radiologist to provide not only medical images but patient histories, comparison exams and follow-up information.
6. Stays current with department communiqué’s by interacting with peers and manager, attends hospital and departmental meetings, reading emails and postings.
7. Makes sure all components of daily work area are operating correctly and reports problems and/or troubleshoots issues if appropriate.
8. Fulfills professional requirements by being current with Continuing Education Credits. Educates self about new or unusual procedures. Participates in special procedures in the department. Reviews unusual cases.
Performs imaging studies and other duties related to imaging. Exhibits excellent initiative and serves as a dependable member of the hospital team, maintaining professional appearance, conduct and communication. Works independently with little supervision. Identifies health and safety concerns and unsafe work practices within the workplace. Is involved in developing safe work practices and is held accountable for the day to day efforts of ensuring a safe workplace by following safe work practices
Graduate of an approved school of diagnostic medical sonography or equivalent. Must be registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. Must be registered in Vascular Sonography. Documentation of 30 continuing education credits in a rolling 3 year period.
Must have BCLS upon hire and maintain throughout employment.