Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Housekeeping Attendant Duties
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the complete upkeep and smooth functioning of the laundry department. The laundry attendant should possess knowledge of all equipment and how it operates. The position also works closely with housekeeping to ensure proper inventory levels are supplied to the floors in a timely and efficient manner. If hired a detailed technical skills and service training document will be reviewed and a request will be made of the employee to sign and acknowledge technical and service training standards and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities Laundry Attendant
1. Formulates washing formula for stained loads and all other laundry products processed through the laundry area including food and beverage items.
2. Sorts dirty linen by product type.
3. Identifies worn and torn linen and keeps track of rag outs on a discard form.
4. Participates in monthly linen inventory.
5. Ensures the washing of linen is up to standard before placing into inventory.
6. Communicates any maintenance and upkeep issues to appropriate person relating to all laundry equipment.
7. Coordinates with the Engineering Department any routine maintenance of the equipment or outstanding repairs.
8. Suggests methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
9. Organizes linen in such a way that it is sorted by type, loaded on carts and put up neatly on the linen storage racks
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18,000.00 to $20,000.00 /year