Housekeeping Attendant Duties
- Answer immediately to request from guests, as well as from other departments
- Load cart with supplies such as linens and move it to the required area
- Enter guest rooms by adhering to proper procedures and ensure they are vacant
- Replace used amenities in guest rooms
- Provide clean linens and terry for dirty ones
- Fold terry, make beds, and ensure bathrooms are clean
- Take away, room service items, dirty linen, and trash
- Perform check on all room appliances to ensure they are in good working condition
- Adjust furniture, desk items, and appliances when necessary
- Dust furnishings and walls and remove marks from them
- Carry out floor care duties in hallway and guest rooms, and vacuum carpets
- Adhere to all safety, security, and company procedures and policies
- Provide immediate report of any safety hazards, injuries, maintenance problem, or accidents to the supervisor
- Successfully complete training and certification programs in safety
- Ensure flammable materials are properly stored
- Keep uniform clean and make sure to appear professional always
- Keep proprietary information confidential
- Ensure company standards are followed in welcoming and acknowledging all guests
- Expect service needs of guests and provide them even before called upon to do so
- Provide assistance to guests with disabilities
- Genuinely appreciate and thank guests for their visit
- Apply professional language in communicating with guests and other people
- Provide support to team to achieve common goals
- Maintain quality standards and expectations
- Without assistance, carry, place, move, or lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds; with assistance for items beyond 25 pounds.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the complete upkeep and smooth functioning of the laundry department. The laundry attendant should possess knowledge of all equipment and how it operates. The position also works closely with housekeeping to ensure proper inventory levels are supplied to the floors in a timely and efficient manner. If hired a detailed technical skills and service training document will be reviewed and a request will be made of the employee to sign and acknowledge technical and service training standards and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities Laundry Attendant
1. Formulates washing formula for stained loads and all other laundry products processed through the laundry area including food and beverage items.
2. Sorts dirty linen by product type.
3. Identifies worn and torn linen and keeps track of rag outs on a discard form.
4. Participates in monthly linen inventory.
5. Ensures the washing of linen is up to standard before placing into inventory.
6. Communicates any maintenance and upkeep issues to appropriate person relating to all laundry equipment.
7. Coordinates with the Engineering Department any routine maintenance of the equipment or outstanding repairs.
8. Suggests methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
9. Organizes linen in such a way that it is sorted by type, loaded on carts and put up neatly on the linen storage racks
Both Jobs Start at 8:30am and End when work is finished
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.00 to $10.00 /hour