Work Schedule: Tuesday - Friday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm & Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Assistant Hair Salon Manager is vital to the operations of Gifted Suites Hair Studio as this role oversees cosmetology-related services and ensures that the salon is clean, organized and well-staffed. Using your customer service and leadership skills, as the Hair Salon Manager you are expected to treat the salon as your own. You are a self-starter in a fast-paced environment, and your goal is to have both satisfied customers as well as a happy staff. Your range of influence includes:
- Ensuring client satisfaction by greeting and assisting clients in choosing services that best suit their needs;
- Handling dissatisfied clients politely and apologetically, and resolving client’s issues;
- Cultivating the lifestyle beauty experience by providing an enriching atmosphere and serving all people with excellence and integrity.
- Overseeing salon upkeep by ensuring cosmetologists sweep up hair after every cut, organize their workspace and discard trash;
- Interviewing job candidates to confirm cosmetology credentials, work experience, and secure job references;
- Upholding salon employee standards and rules, and managing employee performance when standards are not met, which could include terminating the offending employee;
- Adhering to salon financial policies and ensuring all cosmetologists follow those guidelines;
- Assessing the financial performance of the salon against goals and plans;
- Taking payment in exchange of services rendered, keeping financial records, making deposits, issuing payroll, paying vendors and ensuring salon invoices are paid; and
- Keeping inventory of product lines for both in-store salon use, as well as for retail sales.
- You have a license in cosmetology (required);
- You have 2 years of experience in the beauty industry, preferably within a high-end salon setting;
- You are friendly and easily engage in conversation with clients, even the difficult ones;
- You are passionate about hair and eager to educate customers on both salon services and products for healthy hair;
- You are detail oriented and can manage both the financials and inventory of the salon;
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and take pride in the appearance of the employees and physical space;
- You are comfortable managing a team of cosmetologists, reinforcing salon policies, and managing employee performance;
- You support the team through timely feedback and training to cultivate sales performance; and
- You are a team player who is willing to help out in all aspects, whether it is working the front desk, creating staff schedules, helping to clean up, etc.
- We are a top-notch professional hair care and beauty services salon catering to all hair types and ethnic hair needs;
- We focus on providing versatility and unmatched style for our clients without compromising the health of the hair;
- We have a luxurious and inviting environment geared toward our professional-level clientele; and
- We are led by a Master Stylist with incredible accolades who wants to share her knowledge with others.
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Beauty Industry: 2 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)