Full Job Description
Colorado Springs, CO
ENSCO, Inc. has an opportunity for a motivated and collaborative Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The ISSO will support the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) with implementing and maintaining a cybersecurity program for an ongoing contract with the Air Force Space and Missile Center. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of implementation plans and procedures to meet NISPOM, DAAPM, ICD requirements in support of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process as well as provide protection and safeguarding of information systems on assigned government-authorized systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the ISSM to achieve/maintain system accreditation and maintain compliance of classified information systems
- Ensure that personnel are trained on the IS's prescribed security restrictions and safeguarding procedures
- Assess and mitigate system security threats and risks
Define and document security artifacts for the system
Partner with appropriate stakeholders to evaluate cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities
Perform and analyze weekly security audits for nonstandard events to ensure security posture integrity
Conduct continuous monitoring activities on assigned information systems
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a cybersecurity professional overseeing or managing cybersecurity on classified systems under NISPOM Ch8, DAAPM, ICD 503, and/or NIST 800-53
- DoD Approved 8570 IAM Level I or II Certification
- Solid understanding of information system configuration management, testing, and maintenance
- Experience authoring and/or maintaining Body of Evidence (BOE) artifacts in support of A&A of assigned systems in accordance with RMF
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to offer experienced guidance to executive staff, customers and subcontractors.
- Experience participating in Government assessments and inspections, investigating and mitigating areas of risk or non-compliance
- Ability to prioritize
- AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Experience in USAF sponsored contractor facilities
- ISSO experience with systems under Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) cognizance
- Experience with eMASS
- Experience with DISA STIGs and SCAP Compliance Checker
- Experience with SIPR and/or JWICS connectivity
Internal Position Title
Sr Information Systems Security Engineer
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 5 yrs related exp
Background Check Type
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
Contract Award Contingency
The Aerospace Sciences and Engineering (ASE) Division is based in Cocoa Beach, Fla. ASE’s primary focus is aerospace engineering and meteorological systems.
ENSCO’s aerospace engineering efforts support launch range activities throughout the U.S. ASE employees reliably develop and evaluate highly technical systems for critical launch operations, including range instrumentation, safety and communications.
The ASE Division is the premier integrator of disparate weather systems and technologies to enhance safety, reduce cost, and lessen weather impacts on space launches, aviation and business operations. ASE’s world-class meteorological capabilities, systems knowledge, and experience provide customers with systems that meet their exact requirements in a cost-effective manner.
Key customers include NASA, the Department of Defense, and commercial airlines.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.