This role is responsible for working with and coordinating SmartDrive hardware equipment installation, maintenance, and repairs and installation documentation for customer accounts. The ideal candidate will be located in the Midwest region of the United States.
The focus of this position is to ensure that equipment installation quality is consistently executed by SmartDrive’s customer base and installation partners in accordance with company best-practice installation specifications. The Sr. FSE provides technical direction, identifies technical problems, and takes initiative to resolve.
Will complete vehicle equipment installations for key pilots and rollout accounts plus oversees and leads on site QC of equipment installations as well as performs post-installation QA monitoring. Escalate issues as they arise to Engineering, Quality Assurance, Sales, and Operations as needed.
Will perform on-site equipment installation training and/or lead eLearning training for our customers and their mechanics, which involves demonstrating SmartDrive’s installation standards for their specific vehicle types.
They will oversee the development of installation documents, such as 1st Article and Vehicle Specification Assessments (VSAs), and contribute key content for developing Installation Guides and other technical department documentation.
- Lead and/or perform vehicle equipment installations at customer sites for strategic pilot and rollout customers. Ensure all installs pass QA verification process and help resolve issues.
- Collect and provide technical vehicle installation information to the department technical Engineer and knowledge base coordinator to produce installation Guides, Manuals and update the company vehicle installation specification database.
- Perform on-site installation certification training, including vehicle hardware, repair, and maintenance and troubleshooting. This includes but it is not limited to:
- Schedule and administer training
- Coordinate pre-site visit readiness – confirm training schedule, vehicle and trainee availability, and prequalify that trainees have the requisite 12/24-volt electronics experience before arriving on site
- Provide required documentation for training classes (manuals, QC Guides, etc.)
- Maintain certification course completion records, including a list of certified ASP vendor / customer mechanics and issue trainee certificates of course completion
- Generate and post training trip reports, vehicle installation records and trainee certificates of course completion
- Two (2) year technical degree in Electronics or equivalent experience
- MECP certified
- 12/24-volt vehicle installation experience (camera systems, GPS, auto alarms, car stereos, etc.)
- Previous Field Service background in automotive telematics installation desired
- Class 8, Over the Road and Long Haul Vehicle knowledge
- Strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills
- Must be able to gather and organize data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution
- Excellent professional customer service and communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Create and update process documents
- Experience reading and interpreting vehicle schematics
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Location near a major airport as the role requires the ability to travel extensively to meet business needs; from 50% to 75% travel required
SmartDrive Systems, the recipient of Frost & Sullivan’s Customer Value Leadership Award for Video Safety Solutions, gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The company, which is ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, has compiled the world’s largest storehouse of more than 200 million analyzed risky-driving events. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, and employs over 650 people worldwide.
SmartDrive Systems, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.