JOB SUMMARYThe housekeeper position will follow company policies and standards as they relate to cleanliness of guestrooms and maintenance of public areas, as well as to provide excellent customer service. Responsibilities include cleaning guestrooms, stripping of linen, laundry duties and protecting guest privacy and safety when within reasonable control of the position to do so.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThis description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotels that are supported by the management company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- This position will ensure guestrooms are properly stripped of bed linens and terry, garbage, and debris.
- The guestroom will be adequately stocked with room and brand standard items that is maintained in a clean and presentable fashion. This position requires strict adherence to company guidelines and standards as they relate to cleanliness of the guestroom.
- Conducts self-inspections on each guestroom cleaned to ensure all areas of cleaning are covered.
- Consults with the front desk/management to communicate status of each guestroom and report maintenance problems and areas of needed improvement.
- Responsible for housekeeping cart cleanliness and upkeep as well as proper storage of supplies needed for guest room standards.
- Proper storage of chemicals on carts is required as well as strict adherence to OSHA policies including maintaining all bottles properly labeled and ensuring chemicals are not mixed.
- Use of proper equipment and apparel on the job is required at all times.
- This position is responsible for protecting the safety and security of the guests, within reasonable limits.
- Maintains guest privacy by locking all guest room doors, ensures guest belongings are housed in the guest room, and lost & found items are returned to the front desk to be logged and stored.
- Maintains high standards of respect for guest privacy that ensures guest valuables are not removed and/or damaged by this position.
- Maintains security for the guest, inn, and fellow associates by following established procedures for the use of housekeeping keys including signing in and out for keys on a daily basis.
- Reports any suspicious activity by guests or others or any unsafe conditions to manager and front desk in a timely manner.
- Strictly follows all safety rules and regulations as stipulated by company including proper room cleaning safety procedures, lifting techniques, transportation of the housekeeping cart and linen buggies, carrying of linen, terry, chemicals, and guest supplies in compliance with the proper lifting and safety techniques.
- Meets guestroom and hotel cleanliness, maintenance, and property upkeep standards at all times in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- May include but not limited to laundry duties as stipulated by General Manager including washing, drying, folding, stripping, sorting, and cleanliness of guest room terry and linen as well as maintenance of the laundry room, stocking of laundry supplies and inventory of linen and guest room supplies.
- Ensures exceptional customer service to all guests and protects guest privacy and safety when within reasonable control of the position to do so.
- Adheres to all companies' policies and procedures including but not limited to guidelines published in the Standard Operating Procedure and Associate Manual.
- Maintains visibility and availability to guests.
- All Associates must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in Associate handbook).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma preferred. Any combination of education and experience equivalent and graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Regular work attendance which includes flexibility in work schedule that may include afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Possess and demonstrate the ability to independently evaluate problems, issues, or challenges and develop, investigate, and implement solutions to resolve these challenges.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to stand and move throughout, from, and to office, and continuously performs essential job functions.
- Lifting up to 45 pounds maximum.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling
- Frequent to constant standing, walking, and using hands to fingers to feel/touch.
- The employee is required to push housekeeping and linen carts.
- The employee is required to be exposed to chemicals and solvents and must demonstrate good physical and visual observation skills
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- housekeeping/cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- driver's license (Preferred)