Position Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports to: VP, Operations
Position Summary: Responsible for upholding Angel’s Bakery, USA’s Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, and adhering to the department’s Standard Operating Procedures. Oversees all maintenance procedures, works with Production Manager and QC Manager to maintain SQF and HACCP systems, and assists VP, Operations with maintaining operational efficiency of entire plant. Identifies key areas that need improvement in equipment needs and maintenance needs, and provides suggestions and implements new systems for effectiveness throughout the bakery.
- Adheres to Angel’s Bakery, USA’s vision, standard operating procedures, and merchandising guidelines with a strong emphasis on safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and professional work environment
- Personnel Management: Presides over all maintenance personnel. Works closely with both VP, Operations, the Quality Control Manager, and the Production Manager to ensure safe, quality foods are manufactured through all shifts. Responsible for effectively delegating tasks and for overseeing the implementation of key initiatives.
- Audits, Company Enforcement and Compliance: Responsible for overseeing and executing company HACCP and SQF preparation and implementation. Ensures that company policies are followed by each department, as directed by VP, Operations.
- Operational Tasks: Required to stay abreast of company policies. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of effective preventative maintenance programs for all equipment within the company. Responsible for creating and maintaining positive work environment, and for maintenance of company SQF Program. Provides instruction for SQF Program as needed, and as directed by the VP, Operations. Participates on company HACCP and SQF teams, and is responsible for assisting with any and all new directives issued by upper management.
- Department Conditions: Oversees and directs the maintenance of the company’s cleanliness, sanitation, maintenance, and overall organization including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers.
Three years of experience in food manufacturing as a maintenance manager in either bread or sweet goods is desired. Must Obtain HACCP certification through a recognized certification agency. Forklift trainer certification desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in field relating to engineering and/or plant maintenance desired.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Strong critical decision-making skills
- Technological aptitude, with the ability to operate and navigate databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to lead large scale projects
- Works within a fast-paced environment with a focus on creating quality baked goods
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat
- May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke, and loud noise associated with working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (or to work with other team members to lift items over 50 pounds)
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and squat
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet for the majority of the work day
ADA: Angel’s Bakery, USA will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Angel’s Bakery, USA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Maintenance Management: 3 years