The Assistant General Manager supports the General Manager in managing and marketing the outlet center and works as a right hand to assist with the overall responsibility of the outlet center. Duties include but are not limited to:
Effective Management and Operations of the Outlet Center
- Operate a clean, well maintained, well lighted and safe outlet center which provides customers a positive shopping experience.
- Work with the Regional to develop an Annual Operations CAM, Mall Office, Vending/Other Income and Capital Improvement Budget Proposal for the center based on “zero based budgeting”. Monitor the budget and account for variances.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise center personnel to properly manage/operate the shopping center.
- Manage all personnel staffing issues.
- Monitor the performance of maintenance contractor for adherence to Tanger Standards for cleanliness, staffing levels, proper scheduling, and cost control.
- Identify long and short term CAM and capital major repair projects, prioritize accordingly, and approve quality work.
- Comply with all independent contractor/vendor procedures with regard to RFPs, bidding, contract administration and purchase orders for SOX compliance.
- Maintain and update all vendor certificates of insurance and contracts on a timely basis.
- Negotiate all contracted services and work with all independent contractors and vendors to ensure their agreed upon responsibilities are executed in a professional and efficient manner and all are within budget.
Effective Marketing of the Outlet Center
- Work with corporate marketing to develop and implement an annual marketing plan and budget for the center based on market and center analysis. Monitor and maintain the marketing budget and account for variances.
- Implement promotions which attract customers to the center and maximize income potential.
- Participate in area/regional festivals, conventions and trade shows.
- Increase membership activity of all company marketing campaigns such as TangerClub and AAA memberships and accurately track membership visits.
- Keep stores aware of Tanger’s gift card program and market to increase sales.
- Implement Tanger's national cause marketing events and programs. (TangerBucks for Schools and Stanley K. Tanger’s Breast Cancer Fund).
- Develop and coordinate bus and tour group programs to maximize traffic.
- Work with local hotels, resorts and other tourist destinations to encourage shopping visits.
- Evaluate each promotion/program after completion to determine effectiveness.
- Choose locations for billboards that best promote the center to its targeted market. Work with corporate marketing to negotiate and secure the sites and create art work.
- Work with media agency to develop targeted advertising/media plan. Work with corporate marketing to assure all media sources have ad materials prior to deadlines.
- Track response rates of all trackable ads. Analyze results as a part of quarterly marketing review.
- Develop a positive working relationship with community organizations that would benefit the center’s growth.
- Obtain publicity on a local and regional level for the center through area print and broadcast resources.
Inter Departmental Coordination, Support and Cooperation
- Ensure field support for all Tanger corporate departments, as required.
- Ensure all accounting reports and requests are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide leasing support for tenant site visits, market analysis, tenant turnover, including opening and closing of stores as required.
- Provide the corporate leasing department local and regional leads for permanent and temporary tenants.
- Supply the corporate leasing department with current demographics, market conditions and economic developments in the area.
- Monitor stores for adherence to lease covenants (hours of operation, HVAC maintenance, window signage, and store).
- Provide specialty leasing support for temporary tenants and kiosk as required.
- Provide construction support, tenant build outs, expansions and capital projects as required.
- Keep regional abreast of all critical information concerning the center.
Tenant Coordination and Merchants Services
- Be accessible to tenants and visit stores frequently to establish a customer service oriented relationship with each store manager.
- Conduct manager's meeting and marketing advisory board meetings quarterly.
- Coordinate special seminars for store employees on topics such as customer service, shoplifting security and other pertinent topics.
- Communicate disaster planning policy to tenants and be prepared to handle emergencies.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in management, property management, sales, marketing, retail, operations, budgeting and accounting. Strong leadership and communication skills are required. Supervisory experience that includes overseeing a team of five or more personnel is required. Applicant must have computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
EOE. Drug-free workplace. Excellent benefits. Competitive compensation based on experience. A background check will be conducted for this position.