Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”. Our brands include Aqua Lung, Aqua Sphere, MP Michael Phelps, OMER, Stohlquist, Aqua Lung Sport and U.S. Divers.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous, to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
The Global Swim Brand Marketing Manager plays a key role driving growth of the overall business for the Aqua Lung swim Brand(s), including Michael Phelps MP and Aqua Sphere. The role is responsible for defining short and long-term strategies and managing the overall image for the Brand(s). This position has ownership of brand direction, day-to-day business management and the brand presence in all retail channels. Additional responsibilities are: management of packaging, identity & branding, activations, licensing, promotions, advertising, media production, public relations, trade/consumer shows, business intelligence and market research.
The Global Swim Brand Marketing Manager will be expected to collaborate with Product Line Managers to provide meaningful analysis, forecast and consumption data to make informed, and fact-based decisions and develop business cases for new product, category or channel concepts. This role will champion the voice of the consumer while actively participating in the product development process to identify new product trends/concepts and opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive consumer first mentality throughout entire organization
- Work with Category VP to establish Business Growth Planning & Analysis
- Manage cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Product Development, Sourcing, Operations) in the development and execution of Brand Marketing initiatives.
- Lead market transition efforts to liquidate lapsed products, retail point-of-sale and marks in retail channels & affiliate markets
- Ownership of Consumer Insights & Focus Groups, acquisition & data processing for actionable business intelligence
- Lead cross-functional planning and execution of key campaign initiatives & activations to drive sales, profitability & line extensions or rationalizations.
- Collaborate with Swim and Snorkel Product Line Managers to evaluate product pricing strategies and quantify expected impact on volume and margins.
- Gather & deliver actionable business intelligence as it relates to the category(s).
- Partner in key account strategy and new development opportunities
- Build activations to fully leverage all assets: products, athletes, influencers, ambassadors while driving globally aligned tactical plans.
- Drive owned, earned, shared and paid media opportunities around category
- Omni-channel merchandising tool development and planning as well as e-commerce and social media strategy development.
- Lead cross-functional Marketing team to achieve Marketing objectives and to develop parallel contingency plans to reflect changes in marketplace conditions.
- Lead go-to-market team in the execution of detailed new product introduction plans & campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with Global Affiliate Marketing Leads on key swim Brand Marketing initiatives.
- Synthesize information from Global markets and product research findings to develop insights that guide strategic and tactical plans.
- Provide ownership for packaging structure and design strategy, branding, packaging change process, sustainability planning and product descriptions in collaboration with all internal stakeholders.
- Support overall product-level strategy and planning for swim Brand.
- Support new product lifecycle strategy and placement
- Collaborate with Product Development on product planning and product line review process.
- Work stakeholders to develop and maintain competitive market analysis and manage product portfolio and line lists, recommending adds and deletes.
- Support product pipeline processes and ensure alignment with sales, marketing, operations, manufacturers and product development.
- Work collaboratively with Global Sales and Product Teams to identify and evaluate new products, line extensions, and SKU rationalization opportunities.
- Regularly communicate status of new product initiatives across entire organization.
- Work with PLM’s to execute the new product commercialization process and timelines.
- Participate in the annual catalog planning process including decisions related to product offering, pricing, and product descriptions/content.
An ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate positive leadership.
- Possess exceptional copywriting and presentation skills
- Passionate brand champion and consumer advocate
- Strong analytics with a track record of data-based decision making
- Think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment
- 4-year Degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or other related discipline required, MBA preferred
- 7+ years progressive consumer marketing leadership experience
- Experience setting and executing brand strategy with a CPG, National/Global Brand, or Retailer with Private Brand
- 4+ years managing cross-functional teams and external agencies
- Swim industry experience preferred, or equivalent sporting goods industry background
- Experience working in an international business environment
Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce
AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program
AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Brand Management: 4 years (Preferred)