MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is committed to providing world-class, compassionate care to every patient, every time, at every touch point. All associates are accountable for their role in meeting patient experience standards.
We are recruiting for Runners to assist our Registered Nurses and Certified Nursing Techs with errands in all areas of the hospital.
Duties will include:
- Picks up patient trays from dietary outside of scheduled food delivery.
- Retrieves patient supplies from the storeroom as directed outside of scheduled delivery.
- Brings specimens to the laboratory as directed outside of scheduled laboratory pick up times.
- Picks up non controlled medications from the pharmacy on an as needed basis outside of scheduled pharmacy delivery times. Hands medications directly to patient’s nurse.
- Performs other duties assigned related to running errands for the inpatient nursing units/emergency room/women’s services/procedural areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 months of established work history or volunteer experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- ATTENDANCE: Regular job attendance is an essential job function.
- INDIRECT PATIENT CARE/CONTACT: Exposure to patients, visitors and family members with a variety of physical and psychiatric/mental health conditions. Potential for exposure to contagious diseases, blood and body fluids, chemicals, medicinal preparations, potential ionizing radiation, unpleasant odors, and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Mandatory requirement for use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when indicated per policy. Position may require flexible scheduling, off-shifts, weekend, holiday, on-call and/or overtime hours of work in accordance with department policy or procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour