National Renal Care, LLC, a Dialysis Management Company, is seeking a Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) for our dialysis clinic in the Valley Area. The CHT assists with providing care and treatment to patients with chronic renal disease.
Full Time and Flexible Part Time/Per Diem Hours Available! 8-10 hour shifts as well as 12 hour shifts available!
National Renal Care has 5 dialysis locations in the following areas:
Canyon Country, Granada Hills, Northridge, Santa Clarita & Sylmar
National Renal Care is a Equal Opportunity Employer
- Assist with clinical and operational procedures to improve patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed treatments.
- Demonstrates effective use of supplies and staff labor hours
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care and/or operational needs of the facility
- Obtain blood samples for lab analysis as required to complete physician orders
- May reinforce patient education as needed under the direction of the Facility Administrator, Charge Nurse or Registered Nurse
- Assist with programs target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and company goals
- Knowledge of and comply with appropriate healthcare professionals practice act requirements
- Perform duties at all times under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and within limits established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Use appropriate safety measures including personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary
- Prepare machines for hemodialysis treatments
- Verify/respond to visual and audio alarms on machines; troubleshoot machine alarms as suitable
- Remove disposables and clean station after each treatment
- May be required to clean isolation room post treatment, if applicable
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency operational measures
- Obtain pre and post treatment weight of patient per protocol
- Safely initiate and terminate dialysis treatments per facility protocol, and within scope of practice as allowed by state regulations
- Monitor patients during dialysis treatments
- Mix acids and bicarbonate according to procedure
- Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to patient treatment
- Stock hemodialysis carts and help maintain supply room
- Complete water testing on dialysis machines at the beginning of each treatment day and as directed by the Facility Administrator. Complete/document quality control logs throughout the day and after all treatments, as required.
- Take visual signs per protocol during patient treatment and document on treatment record as required
- Report any significant information or change in patient condition to the Charge Nurse
- Report machine problems to the Biomedical Technician and Facility Administrator
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-services and continuing education sessions in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Assist with staff training as requested.
- Participate in team concepts and promote a team effort, perform duties in accordance with company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Qualifications include:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- CPR certification required within 90 days of hire
- Confirmation of ability to differentiate primary colors
- Minimum of 3 months in dialysis healthcare or phlebotomy experience or CNA experience, preferred
- Must be certified under a state certification program or a national commercially available certification program as follows:
- For newly employed patient care technicians, within 18 months of being hired as a dialysis patient care technician or
- For patient care technicians employed on October 14, 2008 within 18 months after such date.
- Certification must be maintained as current and in good standing
- Successful completion of NRC training program approved by the Medical Director, including demonstrated competency, within 60 days of hire
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and ability to communicate in writing as well as verbally
- Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all NRC clinical applications required within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to organize time and tasks well
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of CHT Certified experience do you have?
- How many years of Dialysis Setting experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Are you in Santa Clarita, CA?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CHT Certified?
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- dialysis: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)