A Desktop Support Technician job in Clayville, NY is available through Modis. In this role, our client is a fortune 500 company with room for growth and stability. We are looking for someone who is smart, dependable, driven and have a strong interest in an IT role.
(Desktop Support Technician) job responsibilities include:
• All customer supported work related devices are in scope for assistance, including but not limited to laptops, PCs tablets and mobile phones
• One on one, live interaction at Customer Location during regular business hours
• Based upon the devices in use by Customer an Internal Management maintain minimum stock for use in repairs and replacement of devices
• Phone support will be utilized when Customer is outside of the Service Area
• Provide proactive support when changes and new functionality is introduced, and if patching or updating is required for compliance with Customer policies
• Log all support requests in a ticketing system and keep updated
• Maintain data protection standards for the all devices based upon Customer’s approved tools
• Escalate as appropriate for support requests/assistance or urgent Customer matter
• Enters commands on computers, tape drives, printers, data communications equipment, and plotters to integrate and operate equipment.
• Interfaces with vendors as appropriate to expedite resolution matters of significance.
• Observes and researches peripheral equipment and error messages displayed on monitor to detect faulty output or machine stoppage. Investigates, evaluates and resolves equipment problems and escalates issues as necessary to maintain job production.
• Maintains audit trail of job activities and status to document productivity. Maintains specific quality records to ensure standards are met.
• Monitors and maintains the production job schedule and ensures the schedule is adhered to in order to maintain performance.
• As needed, performs scheduled, such as daily, weekly, or nightly, backups on systems in order to maintain production.
• Coordinates the movement of equipment and assets in order to maintain production.
• Monitors and computes customer data file restores to ensure that data are current and accurate.
• Utilizes standard problem management tools to record discrepancies in the environment. Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce incident rate.
• Assists workers in classifying, cataloging, and maintaining tapes to oversee and maintain computer operations.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. but Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• Must be willing to be on-call for 24x7 environment and have own transportation.
• Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
• Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
• Experience in desktop support for pc’s, laptops, software, hardware, printers, and related equipment
• Experience in Firewalls and network support
• Experience with VPNs is preferred
• Experience with Active Directory is preferred
• Experience using ticketing systems
• Good interpersonal skills to resolve field support problems
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
If you are interested in this Desktop Support Technician job in Clayville, NY then please click APPLY NOW. If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact Matthew Levy at 303-968-1304 or by email at email@example.com