Project: We are looking for a consultant (ideally a current or former preschool teacher) to help design, give feedback on, and possibly co-facilitate a series of virtual trainings for PreK-3 and PreK-4 teachers
The Literacy Architects, LLC is looking for a consultant with expertise in early literacy (specifically, at the PreK-3 and PreK-4 level) to co-develop and provide feedback on a series of professional development sessions which focus on phonological awareness, developing fine motor skills, and emergent writing. Much of the training content has already been developed, but needs to be retooled for the synchronous virtual setting.
Specifically, you will:
- Review our existing presentation materials (i.e., slides, handouts, and activities)
- Use your early literacy expertise to make suggestions about improving the content of the session
- Use your expertise in designing and delivering PD to make suggestions about improving the flow of the session
- Use your expertise in virtual instruction to provide suggestions on how to make the sessions more engaging in the virtual environment
- Develop session materials to implement the above suggestions
The session content will be aligned with the Texas PreK Guidelines, but you do not need to have previous experience with these (however, you do need to have ample experience with emergent reading and writing).
- Deep content knowledge of foundational reading instruction, specifically pre-literacy skills
- Experience designing and delivering trainings on early literacy
- Attention to detail, particularly when it comes to the formatting and editing of documents and slides and aligning them to established branding guidelines
- Ability to design engaging professional development experiences
- Open to collaboration and feedback opportunities
Ideally, the consultant would also have experience facilitating webinars, Zoom meetings, or other virtual trainings.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $55.00 per hour
Hours per week: