Disruptor Records is hiring a Research Coordinator to support the A&R team. This role drives strategy, execution, and improvement of the A&R process with an emphasis on innovation and scouting new artists.
- Scout new artists across all genres of music and streaming platforms
- Identify and sign new artists in accordance with the current landscape of the music industry
- Create and maintain relationships with managers, lawyers, artists, and other industry professionals to help build business opportunities
- Track data and analyze growth of key artists
- Work across departments to share key findings
- 1+ years music industry experience
- Proven ability to complete crucial tasks on time and thrive in collaborative work environments
- Ambition, curiosity, and a can-do attitude
- Strong music industry knowledge
- Great understanding of social media, virality, and marketing across all platforms
- Knowledge of statistical concepts relevant to the music industry
- Strong familiarity with all genres of music, streaming and social media platforms
- Excellent communication and relationship building abilities
- Fluent in social media platforms including, but not limited to TikTok, Discord, Twitter and Instagram
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $58,500 to $62,500. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.