Serve as a DevOps platform engineer for client systems and networks within both Cloud and hybrid environments focusing on developing new automation and orchestration capabilities as well as DevOps pipelines to drive rapid delivery of functionality. Leverage DevOps and software development principles to automate and orchestrate manual security and operations activities to create resiliency, improve efficiency, reliability, and security of Cloud-hosted networks and systems. Support systems architecture development and integration, script development, integrated logistics support, configuration management, systems and mission engineering, and life cycle management. Develop technical solutions to complex problems that necessitate the regular use of collective ingenuity and creativity. Focus on increasing automation capabilities using CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible or similar tools and services. Leverage expertise in Cloud architectural constructs as well as Cloud-specific technologies and services using knowledge of Cloud APIs to establish and maintain Cloud environments programmatically. Perform engineering and management tasks in planning, development, test, production, operations, and maintenance environments. Engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend challenges and prototype new ideas. Join us to create new solutions that drive innovation.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience with networking, infrastructure, or database engineering or operations
- 1+ years of experience with build, deployment, and release automation and orchestration
- 1+ years of experience with supporting enterprise Cloud applications or infrastructure
- 1+ years of experience with infrastructure as code environments, including any activities around automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, and monitoring and testing, such as CI/CD
- Experience with automation tools, including Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible
- Experience with automating system configurations and orchestrating network operations and DevOps pipelines, scaling, releases, and day-to-day system operations in Cloud environments
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
- Experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in Cloud environments including AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with identifying and implementing automation to improve user experience
- Experience with scripting in Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, or Ruby
- Experience with open technologies, DevOps, and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, Git, and others
- Experience with system integration using a variety of protocols, including XML, REST, and JSON
- Experience with leveraging JSON, YAML, or XML for configuration
- Experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Experience with documenting an as-is state of the environment, perform a gap analysis, and produce artifacts that articulate options and recommendations preferred
- Experience with containerization including OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience with managing personal project priorities and deliverables
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.