Harri is a fast-growing technology startup, based in SoHo, dedicated to revolutionizing the world of Hospitality recruitment. We currently have over 400,000 members and work with Hotels & Restaurants from the Fast Casual sector to Fine Dining and everything in between.
Purpose for the Position: Provide a learning experience in the Human Resource discipline of the SaaS Industry. The Human Resources Assistant will directly assist the Human Resources Department with a range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, associate benefits and associate relations. This role is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, you will learn how to take skills you may have acquired in school related courses and apply them in a professional setting. You will gain a better understanding of the Human Resources function in the SaaS Industry.
The Human Resources Assistant Will Learn the Practical Application of:
- Procedures and steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including: the posting of job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone, web and in-person interviews.
- The importance of employment law and compliance, specifically employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of associate files, and forms management.
- The inter-relationship of HR and Finance in the areas of new associate paperwork, payroll issues related to onboarding and termination, use of a payroll management database, and report generation.
- Associate benefits management issues related to plan renewal and open enrollment, benefits enrollment and termination, troubleshooting associate benefits issues, and the customer service aspect of benefits oversight.
- Personable with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills, including written and interpersonal
- Proficient in MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email
- Attention to detail
- Experience in human resources is a plus
- Process and file paperwork/ Paperless system
- Learn and become familiar with general human resources information such as inputting data into our HRIS/PEO system
- Assist with onboarding needs
- Assist with recruiting
- Assist with managing benefits enrollment forms and leave process
- Answering phones for Harri Office, assisting employees with a variety of issues in a timely manner
- Handle front desk requirements
- Handle basic office management.
- Support the HR and Harri office with special projects and other duties
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time