In joining Teach For America, you will have the privileged and unique opportunity to inspire and impact the education of young children by working as a full-time salaried Teacher in a low-income community within the US. Each year, thousands of diverse leaders across the country - from recent college graduates to working professionals in the public or private sector - use their leadership experience, skills and passion for profound social impact and social change as a Teach For America Corps Member.
Our network of corps members teach for a minimum of two-years at the preschool, elementary, middle or high school level and across one or more subjects including (but not limited to): science, math, computer science, STEM, humanities, language arts, English, reading, special education, Spanish/bilingual education, ESL, history, social students and more.
At Teach For America, we value diverse leadership experiences and skills like yours because it plays a vital role in ensuring that all kids receive a quality and excellent education and have an opportunity to achieve their full potential.
What You’ll Do
Throughout your two-year commitment, you will work in partnership with parents and other educators to set ambitious goals for your students and support them on their journey, while reimagining education and your role as a leader and partner in the classroom, community and beyond.
With TFA’s formal and high-quality training, unparalleled support network, ongoing coaching, mentor ship and leadership development, you will be equipped to have a profound and measurable impact on the academic and personal growth of your students.
Where You’ll Work
Each corps member works in one of our communities across the country including New York to Hawaii to South Dakota tithe Rio Grande Valley.
What We Offer:
· Competitive salary and benefits (e.g., medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life insurance, retirement plans etc.)
· Intensive corps member training and classroom preparation beginning the summer you join the corps. Our summer training is a 5-week rigorous, hands-on program based on a proven model that combines intensive training with immersive teaching practice and coaching and development of foundation knowledge, skills, and experiences. Corps members are expected to cover all transportation costs to and from summer training, but may apply for funding to cover these costs.
· Accelerated professional development and leadership opportunities.
· Access to a vast network of TFA alumni leaders across multiple fields and sectors— educators, socially conscious CEOs, tech entrepreneurs, doctors, and many more.
· Connections to top graduate schools and employers (who actively pursue TFA alumni), after successfully completing your two-year commitment.
· An opportunity to inspire, impact and make a difference in the lives of children every day.
· Minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher
- At least one year of leadership experience in a leadership role and/or managing people
· Bachelor’s Degree or Higher by June 2020
· Must be a citizen, national, or legal resident of the United States or have DACA status
While a background in education is not a prerequisite for you to apply, you will be required to complete any necessary steps to become highly qualified in the subject(s) you will teach. Although you will have a temporary teaching license, you also may be required to work towards a full teaching certification during your two-year commitment, as determined by the rules and regulations within your state. You will be responsible for covering costs related to obtaining licensure.
Who We Are
We are Leaders. Educators. Mentors. Entrepreneurs. Community Members. Change makers. Together, we see the potential in every student in this country—no matter what.
Teach For America is a national network of diverse, high-performing leaders working in partnership with local communities across the country to expand educational opportunities for children.
For almost 30 years, Teach For America has recruited outstanding leaders to become TFA “corps members” who commit to teaching for two years in a low-income community, where they experience both the joys and challenges of expanding opportunities for kids. Today, Teach For America is a force of nearly 60,000 alumni and corps members committed tore imagining education and realizing the day when every child has an equal opportunity to learn, grow, influence and lead.
Last Deadline to Apply is Friday February 28th!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum GPA of 3.5 and Leadership experience of 1-2 years managing people?