At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dpBRp0-_w ).
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or "bags," depending on where you're from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you'll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR….
A Construction Project Manager to join a rapidly growing organization. The Construction Project Manager will report to the Senior Construction Project Manager and will help with project directing and coordinating activities on multiple ground up new construction projects. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with commercial construction industry and knowledge of the building processes with emphasis on project planning, establishing deliverables and critical project objectives. The ideal candidate must also possess superior communications skills and be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Assist with the tracking schedule and cost information for reporting of project progress.
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage subcontractors and vendors to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary.
- Communicates with all suppliers and subcontractors to be certain they understand performance standards related to predetermined schedules or plans and specifications. If performance problems occur, coordinate with the Project Manager regarding the appropriate actions to take with the subcontractor.
- Proactively manage project scope, identify critical variables and devise contingency plans.
- Attend all mandatory periodic planning, progress, and close out meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with contractors, clients and stakeholders.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests.
- Assists in preparing bid packages and contract scope of work; set up contractor pre-work meeting, keep minutes and follow up.
- Maintain project documentation related to change orders, schedule, and budgets.
- Coordinates project close-out process with construction managers; tracking and managing drawings, reports, and other documentation from outside vendors, contractors, architects, and engineers.
- Must be able to support multiple projects and present a high level of organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- 3-5 years of experience as an assistant project manager/project manager, preferably in the design, construction or development industry.
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred but not required - ideally your degree will be in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
- A strong leader and self-starter who drives excellence and meets high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support.
- Able to help create, develop and implement process improvement(s).
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Project, and Adobe.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (up to 50% of the time).
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.