Part-time | Temporary$26,000 a year5 days ago
Full Job Description
This is the perfect opportunity for a work-from-home attorney or small law firm with commercial experience looking for an extra and steady revenue stream. Much of the time will only require 1 hour a week of your time. If we have a mediation, trial, depositions we'll require much more. Set your own schedule (as the court allows), build your resume with in-house experience, and work for a great group of people.
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university
- Must be admitted to the Florida bar
- Must be able to argue cases in the circuit court of the fifth judicial circuit in and for Marion County, Florida
- Should have 5+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major firm
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issue
- Advising executives within the company
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Providing training to the company on legal topics
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $26,000.00 per year
- Where is your law degree from? Where did you finish in your class?
- How many cases have you personally seen through trial? What were the outcomes?
- How many cases have you personally seen through at least mediation in the last 5 years?
- Florida Legal: 1 year (Required)
- Marion County Legal: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commercial/Business Litigation: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Legal Practice: 1 year (Preferred)
- license to practice law in the state of Florida (Required)
- admission to the fifth judicial circuit (Marion County) (Required)
Company's Facebook page: