We have need for a part-time research interviewer for two clinical trials taking place in Wake and Durham Counties in North Carolina. The clinical trials are for a new treatment for young adults (ages 16-26) with mental illness and/or alcohol and other drug use disorders who are involved with the justice system. The treatment goal is to reduce new arrests, mental health and/or alcohol and drug abuse symptoms, and increase capacities for productive adult life. Position involves conducting research interviews in the community (e.g., participant homes, local libraries, etc.). Extensive training and supervision is provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interviewer will be responsible for conducting all initial and follow-up interviews with participants. Research participants include 16-26 year olds and collateral informants (e.g., parents, friends, significant others).
- Interviews are conducted in the community (e.g., participant homes, local libraries).
- Interviewers will be supervised on a weekly basis and have contact with their supervisor as needed.
- Participate in 20-30 hours of paid training
- Research cell phone and laptop will be provided
- Careful record keeping
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Part time hours: 10-15 hours per week
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in psychology, social work, criminal justice, or a related field
- Needs own reliable transportation
- Previous research interviewing or clinical experience highly desirable
- Flexibility to work non-traditional schedule to match the needs of the participants (must be available mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends)
- Pass a comprehensive criminal background check
- Work independently from a home office environment
- Computer proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $0.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Driver's License (Required)