Great Lakes Cold Storage:
Great Lakes Cold Storage is a total cold-supply-chain partner providing customers from throughout the Midwest with superior cold storage capability and management along with coast-to-coast transport. Great Lakes Cold Storage provides their employees with
- Shift differential
- Weekend premium
- Great starting pay rate
- Health Benefits
- Weekly pay
This is a cold storage warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet jack or forklift, selecting eh correct products from warehouse racking and palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders, and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner.
- Hand select orders within a freezer warehouse environment.
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures.
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds: frequently reach up to 72”; constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items form lower shelf areas.
- Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport product.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Verbal communication
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen & Background Check)
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Forklift Operator experience do you have?
- How many years of order selecting experience do you have?
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- How many years of warehouse experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's License?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- When will you be available to start this job?
Hires Needed: I have an ongoing need to fill this role
Expected Hiring Date: 1 to 3 days
Apply method: Email
Additional Job Details
- Additional Compensation: Bonuses
- Work Location: One location
- Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off
- This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous, Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction, Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail, High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment, Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- This Job Is: A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply, A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance), A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education, Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education