As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally and medically vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine.
The UW is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
HMC Census & Staffing has an outstanding opportunity for a Program Coordinator (Part-Time 90%, Variable Shifts). This position will have rotating/variable work hours. Under general supervision, the Program Coordinator will provide high level administrative support and coordination for daily operations of the Census and Staffing office for the Patient Care Services Department.
- Coordinate staffing office operations and duties.
- Maintain accurate Per Se database and assist in preparation of reports and schedules for each nursing unit.
- Develop and prepare accurate license/registration reports.
- Ensure all staff maintain licensure according to policy and procedure.
- Serve as an Per Se expert user and resource to all users.
- Participate in twice daily charge nurse meetings.
- Negotiate/interact with charge nurses, nurse managers, nursing supervisors and patient placement coordinators to create and implement appropriate staffing for all inpatient units.
- Under supervision of the patient placement coordinator/nursing supervisor, interact with charge nurses and nurse managers to place patients throughout the medical center.
- Responsible for the admit patients into several databases (CIS, One Staff, Epic, Reg/ADT) and running reports for multiple parties/departments.
- Coordinate admissions, discharges, transfers from every area of the medical center.
- Ensure that the admitting process is thorough and complete with all required elements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multitask.
- Must be able to remain calm under stressful conditions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management. •Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous hospital staffing/admitting experience.
- Knowledge of medical diagnosis - medical terminology.
- EPIC experience.
- Patient Services Specialist work experience desired.
High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of experience in the program specialty OR equivalent education/experience.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.