\*\*\*Ideally this position will be based in North Eastern Time Zone near major airport, (MI, IN, OH, PA, NY, NJ, CT, RI, NH, MA, VT).\*\*\*
This role will be indirectly responsible for the human resources activities within a specified region. This is a corporate level role and will serve as a critical business partner to the hotel property General Managers and Human Resources Managers and Directors, helping to support the business needs within the region through people resources and driving the human resources strategies to achieve company objectives. As a corporate associate, this position will also, from time to time, partner on company-wide human resources initiatives.
Maintain a fair, engaging and associate focused work environment throughout the company by supporting, educating and coaching hotel operations leadership, General Managers and Human Resources Professionals on human resources matters and issues, ensuring compliance with Federal/State employment laws and collective bargaining agreements, and enforcing consistent application of company policies.
**ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
**Knowledge and Skills:
- Associate Relations - Advise hotel-level and corporate leadership on escalated associate relations matters, workforce reductions, leaves of absences and disciplinary issues to ensure compliance with Federal/State laws and consistent application of company policies and procedures. Resolve of associate complaints filed with corporate, federal, state and local agencies involving employment practices. Advise General Managers and hotel Human Resources Directors/Managers on interpretation of collective bargaining agreement language and other labor relations matters. Conduct internal, off-site investigations. Implementation and continual follow up on annual property self-audits and results.
- Training - Develop and deliver training materials, programs, checklists; design and revise company policies and procedures. Develop and implement associate relations programs, including supervisory and management training, which will create effective workplace relationships and foster a positive organizational culture.
- Talent Development - On-board, mentor and develop hotel General Managers, Human Resources Professionals and Managers. Partner with hotels and corporate talent development to: identify emerging and high potential talent; support succession planning and the internal movement of talent.
- Engagement – Partner with properties on associate engagement surveys (AES) to identify trends at each location and recommend direction and guidance as needed to meet the expectations of the organization; continual follow up on AES action plans. Foster Interstate’s culture ensuring that it is the foundation at each property; be a recognition champion by ensuring the property is managing Interstate recognition programs. Encourage responsible business and community engagement.
- Transitions - Support the transition process along with the Director of Transitions; conduct or oversee new hire orientation as needed and support other transition activities required pre, during and post transition.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resources management or related field; Master’s Degree or PHR/SPHR preferred.
5+ years human resources generalist experience; multi-unit experience with a hospitality or service oriented company; extensive knowledge of applicable local, state and federal employment and labor laws and government compliance regulations; proven experience in leadership and talent identification and development.
**Skills and Abilities:
** • High level of business acumen; Have the business skills necessary to understand how the human resources function fits into the organization’s strategic plans as it moves forward. • Strong associate relations, coaching and counseling skills• High level of communication skills (oral, written, verbal and presentation)• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple concurrent and complex projects • Experience working effectively and efficiently under pressure to meet required deadlines• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills including data gathering and analysis.• Demonstrated ability to address large groups of individuals and effectively deliver training and policy initiatives.
Approximately 30-50% travel to hotels within region.