To assume the responsibility for gathering essential information for the registration, discharge, filing of insurance, and collection of fees for services rendered to patients in registration service areas. Demonstrates knowledge and skills to appropriately communicate and interact with the patients, families, and visitors of all age groups while being sensitive to their cultural and religious beliefs.
Performance expectations will be covered in the orientation and precepted phases of your orientation to your job.
- Demonstrates prompt and consistent communication with patients to accurately gather information, while mainataining quality patient care and upholding the We Care Philosophy.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of office equipment to include computers, telephones, fax machines and copy machines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with others, as well as alone. Must be able to identify and resolve problems as they arise.
- Demonstrates the ability to work within both clinical and office environments.
- Must be available for a very demanding schedule: nights, weekends, disasters, mass causalities and holidays.
High school graduation or equivalent required. Basic business skills desirable. Must be able to
type 30 wpm. Must be computer literate.
Six to twelve months experience, as a hospital receptionist or registration host/hostess in an accredited hospital is desirable.
Must enjoy people and desire to assist doctors, patients, fellow employees, and hospital staff.
Strong communication skills are essential. Must be willing to cooperate with others, take
orders, and follow directions. Must exercise a high degree of tact, poise, and patience in
dealing with the public. Individual must have a high energy level and be capable of handling
pressure situations both mentally and physically.