This is a PRN position.
Radiologic Technologist Essential Job Duties:
- Performs a variety of diagnostic radiographic, fluoroscopic, mammographic, and special procedures as assigned by the department manager. This includes but is not limited to, portables, Cysto, C-Arm, DEXA, Operating Room, ECC Trauma Room procedures, breast needle localization, and breast specimen imaging. Possesses adequate knowledge of sterile technique to do operating room procedures with ease. Is flexible in any daily room schedule changes that may be necessary due to illness, vacation, etc.
- Explains the procedure to the patient in order to obtain necessary cooperation, verifies patient's name and addresses the patient by name.
- Assures that the patient is properly gowned and covered for the radiologic examination; removes all snaps, buttons, jewelry, etc. from the area being examined; assists patients on and off examination table; positions patient for examination and utilizes immobilization devices as needed; checks patient condition frequently and reports adverse changes to a radiologist or ECC physician immediately.
- Properly exposes film and checks for adequate penetration, positioning, etc.
- Checks equipment, accessories and supplies, keeps area stocked with necessary supplies and orders/alerts supervisor of the need for additional supplies or housekeeping services. Cleans equipment when necessary; keeps room and linen clean for each patient.
- Darkroom work and Multiloader magazine refills as necessary.
- Patient transport as necessary.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of office procedures and paper work pertaining to radiographic examinations; charges examination in Hospital Information System.
- Performs other and lesser duties as may be assigned.
Radiologic Technologist Mammography Technologist, in addition to above requirements:
- Additional qualifications: ARRT Mammography Certification.
- Performs a variety of mammographic examinations: screening, diagnostic and special procedures, e.g., breast needle localizations and breast specimen imaging.
- Is knowledgeable about, familiar with, and able to perform all Quality Control (QC) procedures as outlined in detail in the American College of Radiology (ACR) Mammography Quality Control (QC) Manual.
- Be familiar with the following sections of the ACR Manual:
- Radiologist’s Section.
- Clinical Image Quality.
- Radiologic Technologist’s Section.
- Medical Physicist Section.
- Works with and helps the following support people as needed, providing accurate and pertinent information:
- Helps Consulting Physicist with necessary QC tests.
- Helps MQSA Inspector with necessary QC tests.
- Equipment Service Engineers.
- Film and chemistry sales representative(s).
- Film and chemistry delivery staff.
- Processor service and repair personnel.
- Has adequate knowledge of office procedures and paper work pertaining to mammographic examinations.
Radiologic Technologist Work/Education Requirements:
High school education or equivalent is required.
Graduation from an approved two-year (or more) school of Radiologic Technology is required.
Current Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists is required; or registry-eligible, for new graduates, is required.
Current BLS (CPR) training is required.
Must have basic computer skills.
Each technologist is responsible for maintaining required continuing education credits during his/her biennium, and for keeping Imaging Services files updated as soon as it is available
Satisfactory health evaluation prior to and throughout employment.
Warren General Hospital and Warren Medical Group are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Human Resources to request accommodation. NO AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.
Job Type: Part-time