ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a Per Diem position -- maximum hours per week: 9
- Engage with HIV-positive and HIV-negative patients who receive care at the Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM).
- Share personal experience of Hepatitis C treatment success in individual and group settings to explain about the IAM Hepatitis C program and treatment options
- Provide HCV-specific outreach at relevant events
- Recruit and refer new patients to the program
- Make outreach calls to enrolled patients to promote program adherence
- Co-facilitate educational programming within the Hepatitis C Program
- Support the Program Coordinator of the Hepatitis C Program as needed
- Support the community health advocate as needed
- Attend Hepatitis C related trainings
- Attend community events to represent the IAM.
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborate with the Patient Education Peers to ensure that all IAM clinics have Hepatitis C materials
- Complete adherence calls to patients
- Complete appointment reminder calls to patients
- Co-facilitate individual and group education sessions with patients
- Clock-in at the beginning of your shift, put on ID and Peer Vest, check in with supervisor
- Check your email at least once per day that you work
- Complete outreach on behalf of the IAM at city-wide community events.
- Sign up for a shift when prompted by the Peer Supervisor
- Attend your shift on time and in completion
- Disseminate patient education materials to event attendees
- Disseminate condoms and other safer sex materials to event attendees
- Represent the IAM well
- Distribute Hepatitis C informational materials
- Enter completed patient encounter forms into the database.
- Complete a patient encounter form for all encounters (in-person, on the phone)
- Input data into the shared database within 72 hours of the actual encounter
- Clock out at the end of your shift
- Attend all Peer Supervision meetings and other meetings as identified by the Peer Supervisor.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel to multiple IAM clinic sites.
- Strong understanding of patient confidentiality and HIPPA rules and regulations.
- A self-starter who demonstrates cultural sensitivity, excellent communication and diplomacy skills, and a high level of organization.
- Ability to work constructively with other members of the IAM healthcare team.
- Maintains professional competency through participation in continuing education.
Submit cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)