As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team merchandise by partnering with top leagues, clubs and soccer brands worldwide to offer the largest collection of timeless and timely gear from every pro and college team online, on your phone, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events. A top 50 Internet Retailer Company, Fanatics comprises the broadest online assortment by offering hundreds of thousands of officially licensed items via its Fanatics ( www.fanatics.com), FansEdge (www.fansedge.com) and Kitbag (www.kitbag.com) brands, as well as the largest selection of sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic (www.fanaticsauthentic.com).
Sr. Software Engineer MTS 1
As a Software Engineer, MTS 1 at Fanatics, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications that scale to millions of users in dozens of languages.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in Fanatics products.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex web applications.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale. Support diverse clients from high powered desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Designs and develops interfaces to RESTful APIs by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle.
- Deliver functional prototypes that match specs.
- Act as a mission-critical member in the development of cutting-edge applications and services, as well as collaborating with other business units.
- Share technical knowledge with existing team.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Development experience on high-performing RESTful APIs or e-commerce interfacing systems
- Experience with relational databases and ORM technologies
- Experience with Git or a similar distributed version control system
- Experience in cloud-based applications/technologies
- Web application development experience.
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture system or Microservice architecture
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced agile environment
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as NodeJs, React
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.