Staff Accountant Position
We are looking for a talented Staff Accountant to join our growing company, FreshEye Innovative Solutions. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, team player, solution-oriented problem solver that enjoys working individually and in a team environment. Our company is all about helping business owners find balance in their business and life. We strive to provide the same culture within our Company for the entire team as well.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Knowledge of QuickBooks Online in syncing bank account data, manual upload of transactions and recording transactions based on accounting principles
· Ability to work on multiple clients in various industries including wineries, breweries, general contractors, service industries, aging care facilities, non-profits, health care and more
· Process accounts payable for multiple clients, manage approvals and pay bills timely
· Process and manage accounts receivable for multiple clients. Responsible for invoicing, collections, and following up on past due balances.
· Responsible for the monthly close procedures, recording monthly closing journal entries, and reconciliations of bank and credit card for multiple clients
· Prepare monthly reports for Sales & Use Tax, Liter Tax, and other reports as needed.
· Producing ad hoc financial reports, as well as regular weekly and monthly financial reports.
· Possess an understanding of local and multi-state payroll. Process and review payroll, as well as associated deductions for 401k, Health Insurance, Dental, and Life Insurance to ensure accuracy and reporting utilizing third party payroll platforms
· Understanding and processing to record S-Corp Health Insurance Premiums
· Assist with tax preparation at year-end, 1099 preparation, record year-end adjustments, review W2s and prepare reports for CPAs
· Must be proactive with an extreme attention to detail.
· Must have excellent customer service, e-mail and telephone skills.
· Must be able to multi-task, manage priorities and workflow, and have the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
· Must demonstrate strong problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
· Professional appearance, demeanor, and enthusiasm.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm while working with a stress-free attitude.
· Highly dependable.
· Must be technology savvy with familiarity with QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Bill.com, and Hubdoc is a plus.
· Strong team player with a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a fun and fast paced environment.
· Possesses a strong work ethic with high standards of personal integrity.
· Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
· Minimum of one-year prior, accounting experience required.
· Auditing ability a plus!
The position is a full-time position. The perks and benefits include health insurance, vacation, working from home for part of the week and a flexible schedule.
We are looking for a superstar Staff Accountant to grow with our firm! If that’s you, then respond with your resume, references and salary requirements. Please also complete the DISC profile assessment (https://www.tonyrobbins.com/disc/) and include your results in the email, along with your resume, references and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- general ledger: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative