The Accounting Supervisor supports and supervises the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Clerks, and assists the Controller in performing monthly general ledger close procedures and other accounting functions including but not limited to preparing audit schedules, maintaining all accounting records, and preparing financial reports. As a professional member of the Finance Team, the Accounting Supervisor will be a knowledgeable mentor for supervised staff, an assistant/back-up for the Controller, and an effective communicator with funders, vendors, customers, auditors, and other departments within Benedictine.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and support to Accounts Payable clerk and Accounts Receivable clerk. Provide back-up for these positions as needed.
- Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries using MAS90 software to record revenue, depreciation, accruals, deferrals, and expense allocations.
- Maintain fixed assets through Depreciation Solutions software, recording monthly additions, disposals, and depreciation.
- Cross train in all accounting functions in order to be prepared to provide backup as needed.
- Reconcile A/R and A/P sub ledgers monthly to the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare inter-company journal entries and reconcile inter-company accounts monthly.
- Perform monthly Medicaid billing procedures for health related services, verifying provider licenses and documentation and entering billing into Medic-Aid School software and uploading to Maryland Medicaid for processing.
- Assist Controller with schedule preparation for the annual audits.
- Prepare monthly Foundation bill back invoices, sales tax report, and other reports as requested.
- Review monthly A/R aging and perform follow up activities for collection of overdue accounts receivable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Min. 1 year accounting experience preferred.
- Up to 2 years supervisory or Team Lead experience highly preferred.
- Audit experience and knowledge of fixed asset software a plus.
- Must be PC proficient; MAS90 software experience or other accounting system experience a plus.
- Must have intermediate Excel skills.
- Must have track record showing effective problem-solving capability.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, work well under pressure and meet all deadlines.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including customer service and supervision delivery.
Job Type: Full-time