Fresh Start housing and supportive service programs for adult men and women were developed to work with individuals with a history of homelessness, chemical dependency, and/or varying degrees of behavioral health issues. Fresh Start is currently operating 265 housing beds and supportive services in collaboration with the Philadelphia and Coatesville VA Medical Centers and the Philadelphia Office of Addiction Services (OAS). In addition, Fresh Start provides transitional and permanent "self-pay" housing options. In collaboration with the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Fresh Start also offers veterans' mobile care coordination, outreach, and advocacy services.
This facility attendant position will be working with homeless Veterans in an emergency housing and supportive service program located in Philadelphia PA.
- Monitor residents' behavior.
- Helps ensure a safe, harassment free atmosphere in the housing facility.
- Assists program management staff with safety checks to include fire drills.
- Progress notation as directed by case manager supervisor. Discusses more difficult cases and concerns with program case manager or director.
- Performs building checks for cleanliness and safety (this includes all rooms).
- Assists veterans with financial benefit acquisition.
- Assists veterans with permanent and clinically appropriate housing placements.
- Incident reporting to include writing incident reports, reporting to immediately to supervisor, or program manager and following procedures as stated in Merakey policy 702.00.
- Monitor veterans while they take their prescribed medication, report all medication monitoring issues to immediate supervisor and follows Merakey incident report policy 702.00.
- Completes assigned trainings within mandated time frames.
- Ensure the veterans on their floor are following the program schedule and attending their appointments.
- Assists the food service staff to ensure veterans are following meal service schedules and accessing nutritious meals daily.
- May perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma.
- 5 years minimum experience in a direct care position.
- Prior experience in working with veterans is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled