At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation's biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles:
a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn't—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies, health plans, and self-insured employers, to turn data into takeaways and information into meaning.
Nuna's Data Platform team is central to everything we do! We make sure that we can process, enrich, and analyze all of our data.
The engineering work is a mix of infrastructure and feature development. On the infrastructure side, our data is powering our customer front ends, so we focus on making sure that everything is automated, stable, and reliable. Because many teams at Nuna use our tools every single day, we focus on making sure everything we build is fast and scalable. On the feature side, we get a lot of messy data, so we need build tools that clean, transform, and add insights to that data in a highly customizable and easy to use way.
As a Senior Data Platform Engineer, you will guide this platform's development so that it becomes the engine of a healthcare-wide transition to value-based care by enabling effective data sharing, analytics, performance transparency, and value-based payment.
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight to projects within a team.
- Be a mentor to junior and mid-level engineers.
- Carry out high-quality coding standards and practices via reviews and by demonstrating this in their own work.
- Have a bias to action.
- Be able to help others break down large team goals into specific and manageable tasks.
- Be involved and supportive of agile sprint model of development, helping to implement the practice and the discipline.
- Able to work efficiently and proactively across engineering teams to enable us to deliver on our goals of loosely coupled, adaptable, scalable solutions.
- Have a good understanding of where their project fits into the larger goals for engineering and adapts their work so that the priorities of the systems they are creating match those of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and act with autonomy.
- 5+ years of experience in this or a related field.
- Technology-agnostic and pragmatic engineering sensibility focused on solving key problems, not the tools.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (such as debugging or object-oriented design) and software engineering processes (such as agile software development).
- Shown ability to understand automated testing concepts and ability to consistently apply those concepts.
- Working experience with distributed computing infrastructure (Hadoop, Spark, Crunch, etc).
- Knowledge of database fundamentals for large-scale, analysis-heavy databases.
- Experience designing and building loosely coupled, adaptable, scalable systems.
- Familiarity with Django web applications or similar web frameworks.
- Experience building tools for data analysis or data analysis platforms.
- Experience building mobile web application backends.
TECHNOLOGIES USED AT NUNA
- Spark and Hadoop
- Linux, OS X, & Windows
- AWS; including EC2, EBS, EMR, ELB, SNS, RDS, CloudFormation, and more
Nuna is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and/or veteran status.